Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Calgary

Ron57

Hi all,

I am new here so I thought I would introduce myself. I've been modeling since a young kid back in the early 70's.  I build cars, aircraft, ships and armor but I mainly build planes and cars.  My main interests in autos are muscle cars, street rods and sport cars. I stick mainly to 1/24 1/25th although I do have some larger scales in the stash that I hope to get to someday.  

I also dabble in the real ones. I have a 1957 Chev 1/2 ton custom cab street rod that I built from the frame up over the years. I also had a 2008 Vette for the last 14 years but sold it this summer 😌  I've always been a car nut.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here over the upcoming months.  Here is a pic of my real rod, unfortunately I don't have any model pics handy here at work but I'll try and get some posting here in due time.

All the best

Ron

IMG_3674.JPG

Edited by Ron57
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Welcome fellow Canadian..I used to build with a friend in the mid sixties, he lives in Calgary now and does customs..1:1 and is very good..Name is Harold Braun, he;ll be about 70 now..Built wicked models in his modeling days..

I know Calgary is big but his work should be known around town..On a side note, how is your hockey team? I'am not from Toronto so I'am interested..Could care less about Toronto Maple Laughs..

1 hour ago, Ron57 said:

Thanks for the warm welcome all, and thanks for leading me to the site Kevin. 

The Flameout's are not off to a great start Moparfarmer.  Maybe they will win against BC tonight??

Cheers

Ron

No problem at all, Ron. I'm sure you'll fit in nicely here. I've learned so much from these good folks.