Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Cannonball Group Build theme suggestion thread


Fat Brian
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

That's a strong choice.

Well I thought about it some more, and there is one car I've always wanted to build and still haven't and it just happens to be one that was produced the year I was born ('71) so I think I've decided on a restomod and highly tech'd up version of this

White-Post-Restorations-1971-DeTomaso-Pantera-V8-Rrestomod-Tuning-3.jpg.dda6eaa6c95714fc4380ac31e40830a3.jpg

Won't be this colour scheme but definitely a widebody mod along with some tech and modern interior and probably a Voodoo engine or maybe a Predator engine from the new GT500.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Well I thought about it some more, and there is one car I've always wanted to build and still haven't and it just happens to be one that was produced the year I was born ('71) so I think I've decided on a restomod and highly tech'd up version of this

White-Post-Restorations-1971-DeTomaso-Pantera-V8-Rrestomod-Tuning-3.jpg.dda6eaa6c95714fc4380ac31e40830a3.jpg

Won't be this colour scheme but definitely a widebody mod along with some tech and modern interior and probably a Voodoo engine or maybe a Predator engine from the new GT500.

 

Even better, it's a shame there isn't a full detail kit of a Pantera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  I went back and re-read the entire CBR 21 Build thread and I was refreshed of all the great projects that were announced. Somewhere buried in the pages was a suggestion for next year's Cannonball Run... "Cars from Songs"  this theme may be more of a challenge to remember actual song lyrics than building an example of a car from the song but at the very least it will be thought provoking. 😆

I can think of alot of songs off the top of my head that I'd like to build for this theme....

Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider" "Who owns the car outside with the peace sign, mag wheels, and the four on the floor?" 

David Ball "Privite Malone" "When I pulled the cover off, it took away my breath, cause what she called a Chevy was a 66 Corvette".

Allan Jackson "Drive" "Just an old half-ton Ford, three speed on the colum and a dent in the door" 

Just to name a few...😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, disconovaman said:

  I went back and re-read the entire CBR 21 Build thread and I was refreshed of all the great projects that were announced. Somewhere buried in the pages was a suggestion for next year's Cannonball Run... "Cars from Songs"  this theme may be more of a challenge to remember actual song lyrics than building an example of a car from the song but at the very least it will be thought provoking. 😆

I can think of alot of songs off the top of my head that I'd like to build for this theme....

Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider" "Who owns the car outside with the peace sign, mag wheels, and the four on the floor?" 

David Ball "Privite Malone" "When I pulled the cover off, it took away my breath, cause what she called a Chevy was a 66 Corvette".

Allan Jackson "Drive" "Just an old half-ton Ford, three speed on the colum and a dent in the door" 

Just to name a few...😁

 

Bruce Springsteen: "I got a '69 Chevy with a 396, fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor...."

Warren Zevon: "Johnny had a '57 Chevy, four on the floor and a four-twenty-nine...."

(In both cases--yah, I know. :rolleyes: )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is actually a pretty cool idea.  The fun in that is that songs aren't always the most accurate (as Snake pointed out) and to make the car what the song says can be a challenge....

I mean come on, somebody has got to build the Johhny Cash "One Piece at a Time" car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, disconovaman said:

"Cars from Songs" 

I found something I can work with from White Zombie.

Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire
The wheels of his Mustang
Exploding on the highway like a slug from a 45
True death
400 horsepower of maximum performance
Piercing the night
This is Black Sunshine
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cars from Songs Theme would really allow you to use your imagination. As long as you build the car mentioned in the song the creative freedom is yours. You definitely have free range of choices.

Maybe that 69 Chevy Bruce was singing about had fuelie heads in the trunk.😁 Why not a 57 Chevy with a 429? I could imagine how much fun a Boss 9 would be with a 4 speed in a 57 Chevy!

And the Mustang angle could literally be any Mustang...

I just thought of another song... Brad Paisley  "Mr. Policeman" 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

Beach boys - shutdown 

Fuel injected stingray with slicks .

Ide enter that lol

I think you'd be more comfortable in the car for 24 straight hours--and have to make fewer gas stops--with the 413. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, disconovaman said:

Maybe that 69 Chevy Bruce was singing about had fuelie heads in the trunk.😁 Why not a 57 Chevy with a 429? I could imagine how much fun a Boss 9 would be with a 4 speed in a 57 Chevy!

Or you could just alter the lyrics a little when you "cover" the song. "I got a '69 Chevy with a 396, 'luminum heads...." Or maybe "...fuel injection and a Hurst on the floor."

Zevon gave the Chevy a 429 because he had to make it rhyme with "run it out to the end of the line." But it might be a good chance to use up one of those oddball bonus AMT "Restomod" engines....B)

And hey, building it would cover TWO songs: Foreigner's "Headknocker:" "He drives a '57 coupe, walks with a stoop, swears James Dean isn't dead...."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I think you'd be more comfortable in the car for 24 straight hours--and have to make fewer gas stops--with the 413. :unsure:

Maybe true , but you wouldn't look nearly as cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

Maybe true , but you wouldn't look nearly as cool

Very true. And if you painted the Vette red, you're covering Prince as well. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pat Minarick said:

Jim Croce, Rapid Roy.

Yes Pat! This build was what started the conversation about the Cars in Songs topic over on the build thread. 

Thanks for posting it. Been a huge Croce fan all my life. I've had the idea to build the Rapid Roy's 57 for many years. I would love to see what you come up with. The Cartoon version is Awesome... heck, I'd build the Rig from "Speedball Tucker" too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine would be some thing in between this image.png.3011059b13e117cc53eeeb878fa993d0.png

And a Swedish Ragnar bil or Pilsner bil, Beer car. 
maxresdefault.jpg

Lots of motor, cabriolet since the song sings that, with mags and raw power and when he gas have gotten to expensive because they(government) raise the tax they continue to drive on Etanol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattilacken said:

Mine would be some thing in between this

What's the fascination with Sweeds and Ratty, Junky American cars? Is that a movement in Sweden? 

Also YouTube pulled that video you posted earlier... What song are you referring to? I'm definitely interested in car culture in different parts of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

What's the fascination with Sweeds and Ratty, Junky American cars? Is that a movement in Sweden? 

Also YouTube pulled that video you posted earlier... What song are you referring to? I'm definitely interested in car culture in different parts of the world.

Its sort of a movement called Raggare, “hillbilly’s” might be close to what they are, they use the ratty 4door cars as party cars, usually there is a ton of stomped down beer cans on the floor.
image.png.c11e260719ea0738230d1a07645bc24d.png

 

 

There are also a more common and more normal car culture about American cars here.

here is what I used to drive.

image.jpeg.118ecef477585aaf5241b64e37bdeb58.jpeg
a friends ride. 
image.jpeg.6c4e15a7a57a42b78e02e06bedd4968d.jpeg

image.jpeg.f5955abeb5ce4fcc7b36790f6bb61dda.jpeg
 

this is the Swedish power tour which I attended in 2009. 
image.png.94394dc3c7c6825585c8a3da572349b5.png

Search for it, Impala buy Truck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattilacken said:

here is what I used to drive.

Love the Chevelle! I've always wanted a good version of this bodystyle to be available from a model company... I think this one is missing from our hobby!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...