Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Dodge Phoenix

carbuilder1950

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

Mine has the tail lights molded to the body, you say you got a set from Modelhaus so I assume yours were separate? 

@Can-Con

Yes, mine came with a place for taillights, but none in the kit.

Yours can be pretty easily foiled, and Testors makes a nice taillight paint, in the little square glass bottles, that you can use to paint in the taillights, after foiling.

I hope that helps you.

Dave

30 minutes ago, carbuilder1950 said:

@Can-Con

Yes, mine came with a place for taillights, but none in the kit.

Yours can be pretty easily foiled, and Testors makes a nice taillight paint, in the little square glass bottles, that you can use to paint in the taillights, after foiling.

I hope that helps you.

Dave

No worries David, I'm an old hack at this sort of thing.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Awesome build! Oh, wait a minute, I have to change my shirt beccause it's soaked with drool...

Stance and wheels work great wiht the the body as does the paint. I usually shave the bodies I do in this style but I have to agree that all the chrome just looks right on this one!

@Koellefornia KidThank you. I have gotten to a place in my building where there is such an appreciation "NOW", for all the trim feature, such as script, emblems and door handles, and what it took to design them to the fit the car, and put them in the right place, and the rarity of the kits now, and just the overall look with all the trim, will probably be how I build the old rare kits that I still have in my stash. It's interesting how your building tastes change, but it's a good thing for me..

On 10/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Awesome build! Oh, wait a minute, I have to change my shirt beccause it's soaked with drool...

Stance and wheels work great wiht the the body as does the paint. I usually shave the bodies I do in this style but I have to agree that all the chrome just looks right on this one!

Yep… what Oliver said. This is wicked cool !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve H said:

How about the red ‘65 GTO ? It’s been taunting me….

@Steve HNo problem Steve.

I forget about those background cars being there. It won't be too long and it'll be there for ya 👍.

I have a nicely decorated man cave/ model building room,  that is decorated with my favorite models I've built, and unbuilt kits with the box-art I love to look at, and

about 75 of the 150 -200 finished models, and models out to be finished that I love so much to just sit and look at sometimes, and love to be surrounded by.

I'm a plasti-holic and love every minute of it.