Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust-Oleum won't give me straight answers to my questions about Testors enamel weights.

20 minutes ago, Plumcrazy Preston said:

I have asthma and I'm chemical-sensitive. I don't want any paint odor inside my home or visible paint damage to anything valuable. 

Perhaps this is what you need…no smell or mess and easy to weigh 

6EBEF9FD-3F5C-46DB-B948-87F409BBE435.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

If true, that's unfortunate. He's missing out on some classic entertainment.

True. This is the most entertaining thread on here in WEEKS! :lol:

But here's an actual helpful tip for Mr. Plumcrazy: Too thin is better than too thick. If it's too thick, you can quickly gum up your airbrush, and it's not easy to clean out.  Too thin and it sprays fine--and at lower pressue, too. I think in 50 years of airbrushing, I've only ever gone too, TOO thin once, maybe twice. And that's easy to fix with just a touch more paint. B)

Makes sense to ask for advice then put members on the ignore list.

These posts have become laughable. You can do all the science you want, and math too, but until you actually paint something you won't know where you stand.

Is there no thought for the distance you spray from, angle you spray at, or what PSI you have set? These to me would be more important. You can decant some paint from a spray bomb. If it comes out of the spray can nozzle it should spray out of the hallowed, best airbrush ever, Paasche H with either a number 3 or number 5 needle/nozzle.

I'm pretty certain that his first attempt might not go as he has planned. Perhaps he will find another hobby.

“In order to feel comfortable using a certain silver marker, I have sent multiple emails to a Sharpie spokesperson, and it seems they’re not willing to tell me their exact ingredient list, nor how much the pigment alone in the marker weighs. So I’ll put their name up on this forum for everybody to see.

I’m too afraid to use the marker (what if I get an imperfect result???) so what type of book would you guys recommend for me to completely ignore? I’m lactose intolerant so using the marker in my house is a no go. I charted together data reports, and it looks like there is about a 14 mph wind in the next town over, so I can’t use the marker outside either. Perhaps I’ll just be dormant on this forum for another couple of months until I bring up this exact topic again.”

Edited by Smoke Wagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4