Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust-Oleum won't give me straight answers to my questions about Testors enamel weights.

22 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Snail breeding is a popular pastime in locations which wish to be nameless.

I've started a small-scale mildew farm.

I'm following the directions in "Raising Mildew for Fun and Profit", by Franklin "Fuzzy" R. Green.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • Haha 1

@Plumcrazy Preston I shared a video in your last threads showing how to perfectly and practically weigh paint for mixing and thinning and you ignored me. @StevenGuthmiller and I even discussed it, so I know my post wasn’t invisible. 

You want help but you don’t keep an open mind. Your not open to helpful ideas and suggestions. I believe you are going to have to learn the hard way and probably won’t enjoy the hobby because you are have already made up your mind. 

19 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

“In order to feel comfortable using a certain silver marker, I have sent multiple emails to a Sharpie spokesperson, and it seems they’re not willing to tell me their exact ingredient list, nor how much the pigment alone in the marker weighs. So I’ll put their name up on this forum for everybody to see.

I’m too afraid to use the marker (what if I get an imperfect result???) so what type of book would you guys recommend for me to completely ignore? I’m lactose intolerant so using the marker in my house is a no go. I charted together data reports, and it looks like there is about a 14 mph wind in the next town over, so I can’t use the marker outside either. Perhaps I’ll just be dormant on this forum for another couple of months until I bring up this exact topic again.”

You forgot to interject some algebra! ;)

Steve

5 minutes ago, Sandboarder said:

I believe you are going to have to learn the hard way and probably won’t enjoy the hobby because you are have already made up your mind

Well, he's quickly burning his bridges with people that might actually have some first hand knowledge on the subject of modeling.

I certainly hope that he can learn all that he needs to know from Youtube videos and corporate emails, because he's approaching the time very quickly where he's not going to be offered any information here.

Steve

5 hours ago, Plumcrazy Preston said:

Oooops, the cat's now out of the bag. I forget to edit that message for posting here. My handle as shown here is NOT my true legal name. No idiot in his right mind would ever reveal is true legal name on forums like this full of perfect strangers but I got a bit careless. So now you all know my true legal first name. I can guarantee you that B. is not my true legal middle initial and Preston isn't my true legal surname. 

Is Lawton, Oklahoma the true legal city you live in? Because what idiot in his right mind would ever reveal his or her true legal city of residence?

26 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Excellent choice, Bill. Mildew farming is a popular activity in Albania. Just keep a respirator handy. It can be a bit daunting depending on how warm it gets.

Gjama e burrave rituali mortor ne zhdukje e siper

I didn't think I was a farmer, but I'm fairly certain that I've got a pretty good crop growing in my shower at the moment. ;)

Steve

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I didn't think I was a farmer, but I'm fairly certain that I've got a pretty good crop growing in my shower at the moment. ;)

Steve

Oh no! Now, I gotta grow mildew so I can turn out spectacular paint jobs like yours, Steve!

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

You forgot to interject some algebra! ;)

That’s right, I’ll just interject it now!

So if the radius (r) of the Sharpie is 1/4”, and given that the plastic wall (w) of the pen is 1/16”, that means the widest part of the inner cavity (S) of the marker is 3/8”, or in layman’s terms: 

S=r2-w2. 

4 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

What I can't figure out is how any of us can paint a model without a collage degree and know algebra. 👨‍🎓

I guess if I had that degree I'd know the answer to that. 😗

And don’t forget that you need experience in reloading shells!

Apparently there is a direct correlation between reloading ordinance for your AR-15 and painting your AMT 1968 Roadrunner body! 🙄

Steve

2 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

That’s right, I’ll just interject it now!

So if the radius (r) of the Sharpie is 1/4”, and given that the plastic wall (w) of the pen is 1/16”, that means the widest part of the inner cavity (S) of the marker is 3/8”, or in layman’s terms: 

S=r2-w2. 

Zoiks! 😁

Steve

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Is that a fine point Sharpie, or regular tip?

Obviously I’ll be eventually? working with fine tip: 6C594D57-1678-439E-863B-C28A3BEB56B6.thumb.jpeg.7b5e916ce69f2909a218d989b1c20283.jpeg

As evidenced by the photo, the tip of a normal Fine Point Sharpie is a whole 1/8” wide, whereas the Ultra Fine Point Sharpie’s point is only 1/32” wide. This will aid in my goal of 100% unobtainable perfection in detailing my model that I’m stressing over so much, that I haven’t started on yet.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

And don’t forget that you need experience in reloading shells!

Apparently there is a direct correlation between reloading ordinance for your AR-15 and painting your AMT 1968 Roadrunner body! 🙄

Steve

Guess I'm out then Steve.

Assault rifles are banned here in Canada. If I wanted to learn how to reload one I'd need a postal scales, and a degree in armorment and metallurgy before even thinking about trying it. Maybe there's a book someone could recommend? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Send him to Hyperscale. There's a great discussion on mauve over there. :D

Who laughed? He's not kidding! :blink:

Along with a lively discussion on how many angels can dance on the various shapes of P-51D canopies. :rolleyes:  (Okay, I totally made that one up, so you can laugh.) B)

• Haha 1