Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1932 Chrysler Gangbuster

TonyW

A blast from the past. One of MPC's Gangbuster series from the sixties.

This is the first one done out of a series that are currently getting built here. Two Lincoln Tourers and a Lincoln Roadster will be joining the Chrysler at some point.

Airfix joined the party back in the day, with a boxing of the 1928 Lincoln Touring, and threatened to issue a couple more, but none have surfaced up to now. 

Anyway, here it is, the 1932 Chrysler Imperial, along with some of the Gangbuster accessories provided. Tamiya light and dark blue metallic sprays used. The dark blue is nearly black, a very nice color. The seats are a Humbrol enamel mix.

20211205-140801.jpg

20211205-141012.jpg

20211205-141034.jpg

After I finished this one, I took myself back to the sixties and entered a sponsored competition with it. To my surprise, I got an award!

I forgot to bring back a load of kits from the time, but if I go back again I'll pick up a couple of Monogram 1.8 '32 Ford Roadsters.😉

20210801-160034.jpg

Edited by TonyW
  • Like 1

Thanks.

The boxes were loaded with accessories!

Machine guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, knives, coshes and grenades. A safe, suitcase full of cash and crates of booze as well. I doubt a new series like this would get a release today.

IMG-7370.jpg

20210728-090115.jpg

15 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

how easy or difficult was the build? i have most of these gangbuster sets but i never started any of them.

was there any fitment issues?

No problems encountered. Everything fits fine. Some of the front suspension parts are fragile but a bit of care assembling sorts that out. The Gangster/cop figures are a bit chunky and some of the poses are a bit wooden. A bit of cutting and repositioning helps. The seated figures in the Lincoln Roadster are much smaller than those in the other kits. I'm finding the figures to be the hardest part of the builds so far.

Here's the work in progress on the figures:

20211205-135640.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyW said:

After I finished this one, I took myself back to the sixties and entered a sponsored competition with it. To my surprise, I got an award!

I forgot to bring back a load of kits from the time, but if I go back again I'll pick up a couple of Monogram 1.8 '32 Ford Roadsters.😉

Guys, this was a Brit attempt at humour, the competition paperwork came to me a few years back and I thought they would bring a nostalgic smile to the Forum. The only time machine we have here in the UK is in the Dr Who studio. 

😳