Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Porsche 918 Spyder

ScottGMN

This is the Revell 1/24 Porsche 918 Spyder. Beautiful car...great kit. With 50+ decals the kit detail is amazing...bordering on absurd. Most of that awesome detail is unseen in the final product. Oh well...learned a lot. As if this wasn't enough, I also picked up a P/E detail kit and window mask. Most of those details are also unseen. But I had fun playing with them. My only adjustment was to open up the side vents behind the doors for better airflow. The body is finished with Splash's version of Mazda's Soul Red Crystal. The top and spoiler are finished in Splash Pepper Black Metallic. Interior is finished with Zero Black Leather and Gloss Black.

DSC_3222.jpg

DSC_3228.jpg

DSC_3229.jpg

DSC_3230.JPG

DSC_3245.jpg

DSC_3247.jpg

DSC_3249.jpg

• Like 5

Great job on relatively unloved 1:1 car. Don't hear much about the 918 anymore, and it don't seem to be mentioned with the Ferrari/Bugatti/McLaren hypercars of today.

Those wheels look a lot better than I remember the kits wheels looking when this model first came out.

Beautiful job and excellent photography.

• Like 1