Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bela Lugosi's Dead

3 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Love it

first heard it as the title track of the 1980's movie "The Hunger" with David Bowie, Susan Sarandon, and Catherine Deneuve

Good movie

I'll have to check out that film. 
I posted this in a facetious capacity -- all of these "so-and-so celebrity died today" posts (not knocking those; just being a jerk is all).
The song its self is a tongue-in-cheek piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. It seems that the OTL is slowly becoming some TMZ sub forum with all the celebrity posts.

Thanks! I made that same observation myself awhile back, even suggested a separate section for all those obits that loaded up in here and got stepped on! Glad to see I’m not the only one with an opinion about it!

25 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Thanks! I made that same observation myself awhile back, even suggested a separate section for all those obits that loaded up in here and got stepped on! Glad to see I’m not the only one with an opinion about it!

I have no problem with the obits -- I just wanted to be a wiseacre .

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JohnU said:

I too don't understand the whole obit thing! 

• Like 1

The reason for posting this had nothing to do with making fun of people with hearing issues.  If anything, some of us were curious as to why other members felt the need to list the passing of every "celebrity" in the last hundred years. 

Also, look at the phrase I quoted when I posted it.  It mentions someone being dead for 70 years.  "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead" ties into that and at one time was a popular bit for Chevy Chase on SNL.  I posted this version because I couldn't find one where he's the only person featured.  

• 3 months later...

Excellent.  I just got back to the bench this week after summer haitus.  I hit my "weekly mix" from iHeart radio.  Within a half hour the 9 minute version of Bauhaus comes on.  Had to stop all modelling and just crank it up.  Been a few years since I heard this on one of my cassette tapes from college.  Bauhaus and Peter Murphy were awesome.

Halloween is coming soon but hey, "Every Day is Like Halloween".  

• Thanks 1