Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about a Paache airbrush

It is a self binding taper. I have never had the cup or a bottle come loose on my Paasche H, and I have used the bottles a lot. Just give it a slight twist and push to connect. Which model did you get? They have two different inclination angles for the VL and the H, so the bottles are not interchangeable. I only have experience with the H.

Edited by NOBLNG

I have been using the Paasche H for over 40 years and have never had the bottle or paint cup fall out.   I tried a Badger years ago because that's what a buddy was using and ended up hating it.   Went straight back to my Paasche H.  It's super simple to clean and does a great job.

3 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Thanx Jason! That's what I figured. I'll stick it back in the package and return it. 

I’m not sure what model the starter one is, but you should spend a bit more (?) and get an H. There is no issue with the bottles coming loose, and like Don said, they are super easy to clean. I have never touched my Iwata eclipse since getting the Paasche. JMHO

Edited by NOBLNG

The starter to my knowledge is the same design as the H but with lesser grade materials used. I own the H and never had the bottle nor the metal cup fall off. Same goes for my Badger 200 I've had for 45 years with it's friction fit bottles and cup.

I can't speak for the starter brush though.

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Yeah, I have the easy starter airbrush. I thought it would be a step above the Testors airbrush. But, I don't want something that I have to hold together to use. That's what I get for making an impulse buy.

Just get a rubber band and wrap it up... its a cheap tool... if it blows paint on the model for the price you win the game! 🤣

11 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I bought the starter airbrush for $20 to save several cans of Model Master paint. What keeps the spray bottle from falling out of the body? It just slides in. Looks like it could easily work loose and fall out.

I use the metal 1/4 oz cup and have never had an issue with it coming loose.  

22 minutes ago, jaymcminn said:

Huh, I actually had the H and had the jar liberate itself from the nozzle a few times. I'm not ruling out user error on my part. That being said, I used that brush for many years until I bought my Eclipse and discovered the joys of a gravity-feed airbrush. 

Yeah, I have no confidence in it staying together. I work in my garage and I can just see the jar falling out, shattering and splattering paint all over the floor. The few cans of paint I have aren't worth that hassle. I may trade it for the Testors airbrush. I know the jar can't fall out of it. 

The Badger is push in too. Most bottom feeds are. The  Paasche HS is the same design but has a locking nut. I hated it so changed my nozzles to the push in only. And I airbrush in my kitchen.  Same for my 200.

A guy should always have confidence in his tool !

17 minutes ago, Dave G. said:

The Badger is push in too. Most bottom feeds are. The  Paasche HS is the same design but has a locking nut. I hated it so changed my nozzles to the push in only. And I airbrush in my kitchen.  Same for my 200.

A guy should always have confidence in his tool !

The Testors airbrush's jar screws into the body. I bought one several years ago. But, it didn't take long for it to become useless. A new one should last me long enough to use up the paint I have. That's all I need it for. 

57 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

The Testors airbrush's jar screws into the body. I bought one several years ago. But, it didn't take long for it to become useless. A new one should last me long enough to use up the paint I have. That's all I need it for. 

I was thinking of the Badger 350 since it's the same design as the Paasche starter and H, you must be speaking of the entry level one with the vertical nozzle up front. I had one of those way back in 1973ish. I remember it did spray, put out a ton of paint as I recall.

6 hours ago, Dave G. said:

I was thinking of the Badger 350 since it's the same design as the Paasche starter and H, you must be speaking of the entry level one with the vertical nozzle up front. I had one of those way back in 1973ish. I remember it did spray, put out a ton of paint as I recall.

The Testors does have the vertical nozzle. It's still a better airbrush than this Paasche that I bought IMO.

14 hours ago, Plowboy said:

The Testors does have the vertical nozzle. It's still a better airbrush than this Paasche that I bought IMO.

Ya it's the Badger 250. I discovered this morning and never knew before that there is a finer and heavier tip for that model. Better looking these day than back in the 1970's. The one I had must have had the heavy tip size. Sprayed good though. No control to speak of over pattern but it sprayed good at the pattern it had.

This is the one I used. I don't think it's a Badger 250. 

tesa2206.jpg.e21f6ad72cacfe3fc625f14d4645da80.jpg 

I'll have to change the coupler on the air hose. But, that shouldn't be a big deal. Do they offer this airbrush without the propellant can? I don't need it as I have a fifty-five gallon air compressor.  

44 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I'll have to change the coupler on the air hose. But, that shouldn't be a big deal. Do they offer this airbrush without the propellant can? I don't need it as I have a fifty-five gallon air compressor.  

IDK Rodger as that airbrush is not familiar to me at all. Here is a 250:

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/library/250.jpg 

Edited by Dave G.

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I have always looked at those airbrushes as toys. IDK…they may be capable of doing a nice job, but I can’t see them lasting long? From looking at your work on here Roger, I can’t help but wonder what you’ve been using up till now? They can’t be all rattle canned can they? Buy one good quality airbrush and you will never need to buy another. OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now.😈

32 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I have always looked at those airbrushes as toys. IDK…they may be capable of doing a nice job, but I can’t see them lasting long? From looking at your work on here Roger, I can’t help but wonder what you’ve been using up till now? They can’t be all rattle canned can they? Buy one good quality airbrush and you will never need to buy another. OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now.😈

I don't need an airbrush that will last very long. I just need it last long enough to spray a few cans of paint that have lost their propellant. 

All of my models (except three older models) are painted with a rattle can. Mostly Tamiya. But, some with Dupli Color and Model Masters.

I don’t like using an airbrush at all. To me, they make a simple process complicated. Especially when you get into decanting paint from a can. l just need a temporary airbrush. 

3 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I don't need an airbrush that will last very long. I just need it last long enough to spray a few cans of paint that have lost their propellant. 

All of my models (except three older models) are painted with a rattle can. Mostly Tamiya. But, some with Dupli Color and Model Masters.

I don’t like using an airbrush at all. To me, they make a simple process complicated. Especially when you get into decanting paint from a can. l just need a temporary airbrush. 

Hey if you like rattle cans you like rattle cans. A contest winner I built way back decades ago was painted with rattle can way back when. Some of my early classic cars that people have admired were shot with Pactra rattle cans.