Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Momad

Custom Mike

I'm still fighting with my printer and trying to decide which script to go with, I really need to get a new printer with better resolution if I want to print my own stuff. But in the meantime, we have some paint on the interior parts, it's Dupli-Color Interior paints Charcoal Gray. Once it spent a few hours in the dehydrator, I masked off the console, center of the dash, and armrests, and laid down some Dupli-Color Vinyl Blue for an accent color. I've got a few spots to touch up, but it'll wait until tomorrow. Here's the pics, enjoy!

Momad191-vi.jpg

Momad193-vi.jpg

Momad192-vi.jpg

Momad194-vi.jpg

I decided after I went to all the trouble of making these spiffy new door panels, I had to brighten them up a bit. So after fixing my dash and armrests, I masked the door panels off again, and laid down a lighter shade of gray. I think it looks killer, but I've been wrong before. Oh, and does anyone have one of the door speakers from Revell's 2006 Charger kit they can spare? You'd think that a guy who bought three of the kit would have one laying around, but I think I sent all my spares off to someone. Either that, or I lost 'em somewhere in here, I'm going with option #2!

Momad198-vi.jpg

Momad199-vi.jpg

Momad200-vi.jpg

Momad201-vi.jpg

Momad202-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike

WE HAVE COLOR!!!!!!!

I had to lay down some Dupli-Color Silver, because the Nail Polish is essentially a Candy color, it was almost translucent over the White base. But after laying the Silver down, and applying 8 coats of color to get the shade I wanted, we're looking good! I've got two tiny dust specks on the rear of the hood, but everything else came out perfect! Here come the pics, I'm shooting for Wednesday as my date for Clear coats, wish me luck!

Momad203-vi.jpg

Momad204-vi.jpg

Momad205-vi.jpg

Momad206-vi.jpg

Momad207-vi.jpg

Momad208-vi.jpg

Momad209-vi.jpg

Yosers!! Really poppin kinda color Mike! Excellent color choice! I have a few of those door speakers If your still in need for them jus lemme know! Cant wait to see this one finally done! Good luck on the finishing touches on the "Momad" fella!!! B)

Since I got home too late to lay down any clear, I took some shots of the interior, chassis and body all mocked-up, and I love this color even more now! I can't wait to lay some clear on this baby! wub.gif

But, I did spot a problem. angry.gif

On my lower piece of trim on the passenger side, there's a spot that didn't get glued back down when I broke it loose. I can fix it with some Mr Hobby White putty, but I'm going to have to be extremely careful so I don't screw up the paint. I'll give it until this weekend before I try any repairs, just to be sure I don't mess the paint up.

Momad210-vi.jpg

Momad211-vi.jpg

Momad212-vi.jpg

Momad213-vi.jpg

Hello Mike! man it looks like its two tone in some of the pics!! Way cool bro!

Did ya lighten it on the top side of the panels or is it jus how the paint gives it a " Flip-Flap" effect?

Hey Tito, it's actually the same color all around, but the lighting gives it that Flip-Flop effect. Why do you think I wanted this color, it's just killer! :)

wow, that color makes it look 100 times better. with the clear on, its gonna set it off. are you going to add a trim or different color on the fin part? you know, like the 57 nomad does.

Luis, I'm going to use the Photo-Etched inserts from AMT's Pro-Shop '57 Chevy, I've got both of 'em all trimmed up and ready to be epoxied on!

Thanks for the compliments guys, now wish me luck on my little repair job! :lol:

Edited by Custom Mike

After fixing the problem with the trim, I cleared and polished the body, then masked and painted the under hood area. I let it sit for a few hours, then added some foil to the back hatch and passenger side, and taped on the P.E. insert and snapped a few pics. I'm liking the look of this baby now!

Momad214-vi.jpg

Momad218-vi.jpg

Momad219-vi.jpg

Momad216-vi.jpg

Momad215-vi.jpg

Momad217-vi.jpg

Great craftsmanship! BTW, where did you get the mesh for the grill?

Cranky,

Here is a place that offers similar mesh to Mikes. It is called "Morton". They also have oval holed and slotted mesh(Apex). It is great stuff available in brass and stainless. Each piece measures roughly 1 7/8 x 8 inches.

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/scratch_scq.html

Below is a pic of the slotted(Apex) mesh on my Pete.

P1030198.jpg

P1030410.jpg

Here is the oval mesh:

ovalmesh.jpg

Morton:

mortonmesh.jpg