Model Cars Magazine Forum

Historic Trans-Am Series Collection

arby1949

Thanks. They are basic kits from Revell, AMT etc. The Javelin is an old Jo-han kit from the '70's. I scratch built some items, ex: roll cages, dash instruments etc. Decals are Fred Cady. I have WIP photos and engine photos available. I still want to build a '67 Cougar, but can't find one at a reasonable price.

Rick

Great Job on these wonderful racing cars from the glory days of Trans Am

Fred Cady Decals and Replica & Miniatures of Maryland Trans Am conversion kit made it all possible

brings back fond memories of when I built models of these cars.

don't have any of'em left...Ken Epsen (who owns the real Posey Challenger, Donohue Camaro and Javelin race cars) bought all of'em as Christmas presents for the guys who own the real racers, kinda cool

Edited by curt raitz

Awesome builds!

I am always surprised by the relatively small number of historic trans-am series models that get built, and the lack of trans-am series specific kits.

A good source for the 67 Cougar (body, at least) is the Model King funny car. You would have to come up with a chassis and interior, but a 67 mustang might fit the bill for a donor kit, especially if you're gonna cut it up to make a race car any way.

Awesome builds!

I am always surprised by the relatively small number of historic trans-am series models that get built, and the lack of trans-am series specific kits.

A good source for the 67 Cougar (body, at least) is the Model King funny car. You would have to come up with a chassis and interior, but a 67 mustang might fit the bill for a donor kit, especially if you're gonna cut it up to make a race car any way.

Thanks, I was thinking of that kit, Is the body "normal"? I have a chassis and interior from a Mustang.

Rick