Model Cars Magazine Forum

New "COUPE " from Galaxie ltd ?

When Gary originally did the '48, he had it engineered in such a way that it could be used as the basis for a '41 at a later point in time, from what I recall. So....if that coupe is on the horizon, wouldn't it be killer if it was a '41 instead of a '48? (The '41 Chevy was probably the single most beautiful pre- WWII Chevy of all time, at least in my humble opinion.....TIM

I would say Art is just guessing, much like the rest of 'us' here. We have all heard the rumblings, and are wondering what they are up to. Well, Art, care to clue the class in? In Drag Racing, this is what's known as 'Put up or shut up'.

If you know Art....your outta line. If Art posts it...take it to the bank.

(check Arts credentials...they speak for themselves.)

I know Arts 'Credentials', that is why I made the comment, thank you.

Now, as stated..............................................

Other boards are full of this stuff. If we can't share information here what's the use in posting . especially the "Na, na, na, I know a secret" kind of stuff?

Now for the " I can't tell you because the manufactures have sworn me to secrecy excuse." it gets old.

"(Check Arts credentials... they speak for themselves.)" then let Art speak.

Edited by Greg Myers

I would say Art is just guessing, much like the rest of 'us' here. We have all heard the rumblings, and are wondering what they are up to. Well, Art, care to clue the class in? In Drag Racing, this is what's known as 'Put up or shut up'.

Whale,

NOT guessing! I know the designer of the Galaxie '48 Chevy kits pretty well (and he was the designer of the legendary Aurora Racing Scenes in the 1970's, and then headed up product development at MPC from 1977 until MPC was sold to Ertl in 1986, then opening his own design firm mostly devoted to high-end diecast models, including NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and dragracing motorcycles.

He's been supplying me with tidbits of info on the Galaxie Chevy coupe for better than a year now--and the guy is most credible.

Art

Whale,

NOT guessing! I know the designer of the Galaxie '48 Chevy kits pretty well (and he was the designer of the legendary Aurora Racing Scenes in the 1970's, and then headed up product development at MPC from 1977 until MPC was sold to Ertl in 1986, then opening his own design firm mostly devoted to high-end diecast models, including NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and dragracing motorcycles.

He's been supplying me with tidbits of info on the Galaxie Chevy coupe for better than a year now--and the guy is most credible.

Art

Sorry for stating the fact....if Art said it...I take it as gospel....I will not play this game anymore