Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets put a face to that builder!

Guest Markus355

Very nice hat!

Oh Jonathan I remember those days. Thank goodness my "baby" is 18 now.

G

Yeah, buddy. Remember the sleepless nights when "baby" was 15-17.9??? :o

Small children, small problems. Big children, BIG problems. Just sayin.'

B)

Thank you both for the kind comments regarding my Dave Lindsay hat. I've enjoyed it for years, but it went ten-toes-up after a recent swap meet. Now I'm on the hunt for a suitable replacement.

:blink: - [ ]

Sorry to hear that Dan, hope you have luck finding a good replacement for it

Ok lets see here. I'm 12, my name's Lane if anyone didn't know.

The first one is me shooting my grandpa's Colt .38.

The second one is me and my best friend. His cousins took him shooting and brought me. I think he has a .410 and I got my 15-22 KICK BRASS.

The third one is when me and my family took a trip up to Silverton on the Durango-Silverton train. We took that picture by a taxi. I have no idea what kind of car or year it is.

Lane, the taxi is a modified early 1970-80's Checker.

Edited by CorvairJim

OK, now that I've gone through all 9 pages of this post (VERY interesting!) and commented on a few, I guess it's only fair to show y'all what I look like too. Here I am with the much-modified,220+ h.p. '66 Corvair Monza taht I had to sell a couple of years back due to the lousy economy:

071.jpg

And since so many guys on hers are introducing their lovely ladies, it's only right that my beautiful Rose gets in on the act too. Here she is next to my 2006 Cobalt SS::

344.jpg

(Any guesses as to what the license plate means?)

I was very blessed to have a wonderful wife who, I kid you not, is 10 years older then me and she started at a young age. I have a 3 year old grandson too! It was a blast saying I was a grandpa at age 31! I bought the "Pa-pa" hat right away!

I am originally from Indiana, but work brought me to the Phoenix area about 6 years ago, still here. We have a good model show here in town called the Desert Scale Classic, those folks are putting on that show 04/21/12 this year in fact.

We do seem to have a lot of builders from the southwest corner of the US! Lots of Arizona. Beautiful country, hope to visit someday... as soon as the missus buys the correct lottery ticket!

I was very blessed to have a wonderful wife who, I kid you not, is 10 years older then me and she started at a young age. I have a 3 year old grandson too! It was a blast saying I was a grandpa at age 31! I bought the "Pa-pa" hat right away!

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm 41 and my wife is 11 yrs older than me and I have 3 step-grandchildren. They're 6, 4, and 2. At least they don't call me Grandpa!

I just devoted the last few minutes to reading this entire thread and I suppose I could post my ugly mug on here. Here I am standing in front of part of my built model collection. Yeah, some are a bit dusty...umm...dirty...ahh maybe I should get to cleaning them. Oh look...another model to build...

MrMike2.jpg

"I ride bikes just a little bit..."

From 2010 or so...

016.jpg

From 2011 or so...

IMG_3486.jpg

From this year...

007-4.jpg

013-1.jpg

005.jpg

And yes........riding is the main culprit that keeps me away from the model bench for long stretches (including this current one),LOL! :P

I'll ride any type of bike new or old,anywhere road or trail,but below is my prefered style of riding...

008-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

Edited by Olskoolrodder