Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets put a face to that builder!

Guest Markus355

I'm the guy in the back doing what I love most

And here's a gratuitous pic of my smoker I built last year and Tucker who know he's getting some fine bones very shortly

DSC04994.jpg

Now THAT...is awesome!!! I've been thinking and wishing about building one like that for a long time.....

I have a friend that would kill to have a smoker like that....he keeps threatening to build one.

What is Tucker lineage Rick? Good looking dog.

Tucker is half Husky ( mom) and half American Bulldog ( dad ). He's my early warning system. You can see my driveway is pretty long covered in crushed stone. He goes crazy if anyone even hits the stone turning around on our street. So he earns his bones :D

Now THAT...is awesome!!! I've been thinking and wishing about building one like that for a long time.....

Wasn't that hard and a lot cheaper to build it yourself. If you decide to pull the trigger on one, let me know I'll save you a lot of headaches figuring out fire box and flue sizes.

What did you use for the basic tube? Is it a large propane tank? I just might do something like this come summer. I have the garage shop with all the tools necessary...

It's a 250 gallon propane tank. I got it for $100.00. You'll need to call around to propane companies. Some like to sell old tanks others don't want the liability. The company I bought mine from removed all the fittings for the gauges and valves, took off the rating plate and wrote the bill of sale for scrap metal. Even though it was empty for a while, I purged it with argon before cutting into it. Even still the pucker factor was high when the torch made the first cut.

Ok, I will play... here is a pic of me with one of my favorite Hot Rod builders!

Sorry for the fuzzy picture :(

IMG_2408.jpg

LOL, HOLY ######, I know both of those guys! Good ol' Chip Foose is THE MAN. And Bart, I believe you and I used to work together. Actually you came into my store not horribly long ago, Toys R Us, and we spoke for a while.