Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets put a face to that builder!

Guest Markus355

Now THAT"S what a "Mountain Bike" is FOR! Single track all the way. I've ridden mine to 9,000'. But downhill single track is my favorite...rough and fast like desert racing a motorcycle. That's why mine is fully suspended. An offroad race team (Pondella Motorsports Trophy Truck - http://www.pondellamotorsports.com/)my son is involved with includes a guy named Brent Foes.

http://foesracing.com/site/

Wow everyone in this thread look like normal people to me , not at all the geeks people make modellers out to be. humf... :)

Just goes to show that you never know when your pest control guy is eyeing your model collection with glee....

...I've yet to run across a modeler on my rounds though. I guess all the paint fumes and solvent glue keeps the pests at bay! :D

I just devoted the last few minutes to reading this entire thread and I suppose I could post my ugly mug on here. Here I am standing in front of part of my built model collection. Yeah, some are a bit dusty...umm...dirty...ahh maybe I should get to cleaning them. Oh look...another model to build...

MrMike2.jpg

"Workin' at the car wash..yea" I'm with ya Mike, I HATE DUST! :lol:

Great collection in the background, Brian. We will all lose the battle against the dust, unless you seal them all in individual jewel cases.

True dat. The cars in my cabinets get dusty through the 1/2" fingerholes in each sliding front panel, and the ones in the fishtank cases with the open side placed against the wall get a little dust over time...even though they have a strip of foam edge sealer all the way around. The only ones that don't get dusty are placed under the tanks. But ya gotta be careful with sealing up painted models if they haven't fully gassed out. Models paints are pretty inert, but lots of us use auto paints or laquers that can soften the plastic if they don't have some air circulating. My big '57 Chevy still smells like "fresh" paint after 15 years if it's totally sealed up. I love the smell, but I don't want the thing to turn into a lump. ;)

I'm the Goon in the center.

This was one of a number of photos taken by a Squid ( a Navy Dude....I was in the Marine Corps so they will always be Squids to me :).....) Combat Correspondant visiting the FARP (Forward Arming & Refueling Point) at FOB (Forward Operating Base) Diamondback outside Mosul, Iraq.

If you lok close at my Cranial (Helmet thing), you'll see "Horns" I made out of .50 Caliber bullets.

Moose Morrow, the guy on my right in the pic is holding a 2.75" Rocket, John Loftis is trying to look big :) with a belt of .50 cal ammo, and I'm holding up an M3P .50 cal Machine Gun.

post-9657-0-16591600-1333271436_thumb.jp