Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets put a face to that builder!

Guest Markus355

Rob if you go to the IPMS Nationals show at Disney, are you wearing the birds? If you don't ,how will I recognize you?

Just look for a chubby guy with bird poop on his shirt. :lol:

Good luck when it comes time to give flying lessons!

They are flying around the house just fine. No lessons needed. :huh:

Hey Jimmy do you realize you live near a living legend Tony Bose ? One

of the worlds best custom knife makers on the planet .

As an ad agency copywriter and creative director, I spent a few years creating the advertising for Case knives, including many ads, mailers and annual Case catalogs featuring the creations of Tony Bose. Never met him, but he showed up here a lot for events at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

Edited by sjordan2

OK, I'll jump in here...first pic is me and Jason Newsted of Metallica, man, I had some hair...

MeJasonNewstead-vi.jpg

Next, a normal pic of me, they're few and far between...

Me0001-vi.jpg

And finally, a pic the way most people get to see me, totally insane and loving it!

P1270370-vi.jpg

ok, guess I can post a few Mug Shots..<LOL>

few years old...

Me with Huggy Bear.

7625_185568708507_5954621_n.jpg

me with Luciana Carro, from Falling Skies

575139_10151181259563508_1619090329_n.jpg

me with my favorite person on Earth.. my Niece..

388060_10151301828448508_1417271844_n.jpg

Me with my big orange Money Pit.. <LOL>

529523_10150887663168508_1112544492_n.jpg

and me & my daily driver.... no, I am NOT lost in the 70s!<LOL> The John Travolta suit was for a contest I was entered in that was 70s themed, I was hoping to win a 1970 Dodge Charger!<LOL>

538762_10150887664793508_1554732399_n.jpg

I once wanted to buy a Beck 550 Spyder, and couldn't find any source for installing a heater. Vintage Air doesn't offer anything for air-cooled engines, etc. I asked members of a 550 Spyder owners' forum for suggestions and got multiples of the same answer: "Get a down-filled jacket."

I paid around 13.5k for mine back in 1996. It's a low number Beck, had been built by a non-pro, and everything was wrong. Typical kit-kar. Got it reasonably well sorted, drove it as a daily driver for about a year 'til it tore all the teeth off the timing gear. Seems the engine wizard had put stiff valve springs in it, and a high lift cam, but left the stock aluminum timing gear. It finally had enough. I started doing the engine, and one thing led to another until I ended up reworking everything on the car. Expect to have it back on the road by Christmas (with straight-cut steel timing gears that sound really cool....).

It's possible to use VW bug or Ghia heater boxes (heat exchangers on the exhaust headers) with an electric fan, but I just drive mine cold. There's no top, but I've got a divided tonneau with a zippered center. With the passenger side in place and a lined leather jacket and a scarf, it's really a lot of fun. I've driven it in the snow a couple of times (rare for Atlanta).

I wanted to get the full weather package with top and side curtains (plus banjo steering wheel), which would make it pretty much like my brother's old MGA - a total blast and a LOT faster. I can almost live without AC in Knoxville, but not without heat.