Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

Why even bother with clear red ??? I wish all of kit makers would just cast their taillights in clear plastic. I can make a clear part red or amber, I can't make a clear red part anything other than red.

I agree with this assertion as well . Clear is truly the only way to fly ; the reds and ambres can be painted on both sides in order to create colour-depth . I absolutely despise chrome or solid-red tail lamps (or any "lense" for that matter --- case-in-point : the original Monogram 1971 HemiCuda ! Chromed parking lamps ?!? Arrrrgh !) .

'Clear' should be the rule as opposed to the exception ( :mellow: ) .

Okay , so for this kit , I'm going to bite the (plastic) bullet and {{{grumble}}} paint the back-up lamps with pearl white (*sigh*)

Tim,it looks like there is a small very prominent flare molded into the rear wheelwells. It looks like it foiled nicely, but did you need to kinda reduce it in size, or rather how far it sticks out from the fenders sides? I matched it up to a mint 70 MPC Hemi Cuda and they DO stick out from the car a bit. NOT BAD, but compared to the MPC kit, they ARE rather large. Did you mod it to foil it, or didja just build that rascal out tha box for photo shoots? Either way,Daddy-O, your came out GREAT!!!! Oh, and guys, Tim is a member of the DMCC, and were PROUD to claim him as ours!!!!(Unless DAAM gotta hold of his ol butt TOO!!!)

I just bought the kit and might be putting my next build on hold, this one is really calling me out. Good job on yours Tim, that little red stripe on that front grill looks challenging but not impossible....

There is a small flare on the wheel surrounds which I will be scribing to be able to add the chrome molding, it really will give the build a really sweet and more detailed look.

Tim,it looks like there is a small very prominent flare molded into the rear wheelwells. It looks like it foiled nicely, but did you need to kinda reduce it in size, or rather how far it sticks out from the fenders sides? I matched it up to a mint 70 MPC Hemi Cuda and they DO stick out from the car a bit. NOT BAD, but compared to the MPC kit, they ARE rather large. Did you mod it to foil it, or didja just build that rascal out tha box for photo shoots? Either way,Daddy-O, your came out GREAT!!!!

George, both the front and the rear wheel wells are overly flared vs. the 1.1 scale car, the rear moreso than the front. I did not modify my build, but I was careful to keep the BareMetal trim as thin as possible (just like the 1:1) which also tends the draw the eye away from the overly emphasized flares. \

For my next build of this kit, I will remove most of the flares, reshape the front opening (if needed), then do the thin BareMetal foil again. I think that will be a nice enhancement/refinement and shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.

Thanks for the compliments on the model! Best..TIM .

I just bought the kit and might be putting my next build on hold, this one is really calling me out. Good job on yours Tim, that little red stripe on that front grill looks challenging but not impossible....

Dude, don't tease us and get it done, would love to see you build one. When you say "scribe" the line on the wheel opening, how do you go around doing that?

Nothing special Jay, I do it exactly the same way as I do with my panel lines. I start out with a scriber first and end with a #11 x-acto blade. It just makes it easier at the end to foil once the car is painted. Here you can notice I did it on this Impala right on the plastic first.

post-510-0-83551200-1385496408_thumb.jpg

OK, got a day off, opened the kit I got last weekend, and found that the floorboard / fender aprons part is damaged badly. Looks like it may have been packed too tight but it also has terrible flash, and looks like something out of a 50 year old Jo Han kit. This is the only part in the kit this way.

Well, off to the hot water to see if it will save..........

OK, got a day off, opened the kit I got last weekend, and found that the floorboard / fender aprons part is damaged badly. Looks like it may have been packed too tight but it also has terrible flash, and looks like something out of a 50 year old Jo Han kit. This is the only part in the kit this way.

Well, off to the hot water to see if it will save..........

Craig....recommend you let Revell know right away....TIM

I don't know why they wouldn't...they have all of the other new release kits that come out. I hope they do. It would be nice to pay $16 per kit instead of $25, but I'll pay the more expensive price if I have to.

I cant believe there are none of these kits being built in the "on the workbench" section...

Just wait until mine arrives.

Edited by oldscool

I don't know why they wouldn't...they have all of the other new release kits that come out. I hope they do. It would be nice to pay $16 per kit instead of $25, but I'll pay the more expensive price if I have to.

I cant believe there are none of these kits being built in the "on the workbench" section...

My thoughts too. Hopefully it means they are so excited building their`s that we wont see them until they are in the "Under Glass" section. B)B):)

I am in the "waiting to see if I get it for Christmas" camp before getting mine.

When I get mine I plan to start it right away. I am finishing an original 68 MPC Charger this week. I have everything ready but I don't have the kit and my local hobby shop doesn't have them. I bought one off EBAY and I assume I should get it within this week.

I got my 4 kits today, and the chrome trees have issues. I tried to take a pic of it, but it wont show up. It looks like the clear on the chrome is fogged up.

I must have been lucky with my sample , as its chrome is perfect (other than some very minor "gripes" about mounting-points) . My sample has none of the issues which an unfortunate number of my fellow modellers are experiencing . Truly , the only "Uh-Oh!" I saw in my sample was that its decal sheet was *concaved*-against one of the box's sidewalls (!) .