Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Eric I think you did great on those early 60's kits. I just got a couple built up versions of that kit (shown a few posts up). Seeing old kits like that in such good condition always makes me wonder the history behind them.

Edited by ra7c7er

went to my local hobby shop today to pick up the newest issue(january) of MCM magazine, and ended up getting these 2 beautys for $30

2011-04-12152853.jpg

the little deuce is complete right down to the 1966 decal sheet, only missing instructions, and the body tub has been painted but everything else is there

Edited by MrSuperbee70

I don't have it quit yet but I ordered it today.

the biggest hold up I've had for painting models is I haven't airbrushed in a long time.

Some reason the G/F doesn't like the smell of paint.

Crazy, Eh?

So I ordered the Pace 24" Mini Plus paint booth.

Free shipping too :D

Pace24inchMiniPlus2.jpg

Can't wait....

Can ya tell? :D

I don't have it quit yet but I ordered it today.

the biggest hold up I've had for painting models is I haven't airbrushed in a long time.

Some reason the G/F doesn't like the smell of paint.

Crazy, Eh?

So I ordered the Pace 24" Mini Plus paint booth.

Free shipping too :D

Pace24inchMiniPlus2.jpg

Can't wait....

Can ya tell? :mellow:

Man awesome booth, that has always been on my wish/dream list....just out of reach for cash thou...If you ever get tired of it Ill take it off your hands some day. :D

Well I went to my first contest of the year today, didn't win but i wasn't really expecting to because I only took 4 models that where all low detail builds, the nice easy kind taking a brake from the high detail builds. So on with the scores from the swap meet.

#1 63 chevy nova II station wagon 3 in 1 complete with nice decals. super nice orig. kit with no parts painted or glued. one owner kit

#2 1/16 beebe rail dragster

#3 dodge rescue van missing decals but complete

#4 dodge ram dually

#5 dodge dakota

I'm super happy with finding the 63 nova kit, been looking for an affordable one for a long time. It was also nice to see every ones new builds this year at the show.

Here is my score from the Desert Scale Classic show. All built ups cost me about $10 Found 2 Nissan trucks that are the body style of my Pathfinder. I traded a drag car for the Jeff Gordon autograph and clock. My buddy hooked me up with the Pegasus wheels. One of my cars was picked for the MCM photo op and I hope it makes it. I also brought home some hardware for Ecto-1a.

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Here is some stuff I picked up over the weekend!! I picked up these 3 kits for $15 each at Andy's Hobby Headquarters!! He was having his 7 year Anniversary Sale and had ALL REVELL Models at $14.99!!! :)

100_0341.jpg

I brought these kits and some Modelhaus stuff at the DSC swap meet & Contest. I got the Diamond in the Rough (which was sealed) for $30!!! And the 1984 GMC kit for $7!!!! I also got the resin Dodge short bed kit and two sets of tail lights and a rear bumper for a Jo-Han '68 Chrysler 300 :)

100_0342.jpg

I got this in the Raffle... :):D

100_0344.jpg

And gave Gabe (my80malibu) $10 for this kit he got in the raffle. :)

100_0345.jpg

Then today I picked up 5 built up Dodge trucks and one Dodge van for $20!!! :)

100_0346.jpg

Wait,wait....you got Kosutte Gin San at a swap meet?

Simón P. Rivera Torres

100_0342.jpg

I got this in the Raffle... ;);)

100_0344.jpg

And gave Gabe (my80malibu) $10 for this kit he got in the raffle. B)

100_0345.jpg

Then today I picked up 5 built up Dodge trucks and one Dodge van for $20!!! :blink:

100_0346.jpg

At the Milwaukee NNL I wound up winning a bunch of the raffle swag.

AMT 57 Chrylser kit

Monogram Long John Kit

Testor's 928 Porsche

Galaxie 21 ft. Trailer kit

AMT Country time nascar Grand Prix

Flintstone Resin 34 Ford phantom delivery body

Flintstone Resin 28 Ford Fordor chopped sedan

Hey keith I guess you blew your model funds for the month huh ? super nice haul.

This is what I found today.

Earlier today I needed a small drill bit so I ran to the little flea market near me and ended up bringing this home instead.

Never did find the drill bit but then I didn't care after this showed up.

DSC00456.jpg

Edited by walt francis

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...