Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got the Academy Hyundai Azera (WOO HOO) on Friday night for FREE in the raffle at my local model meeting, also got a Tamiya S2000 kit for $10.00, a Fujimi Lexus SC400 kit (roof was collapsed.....I already made it into a convertible) but only paid $5.00 for it, and a Tamiya Skyline GTR parts kit for free from a friend.

Saturday at the KKIM show I scored: Tamiya Calsonic GTR kit for $15.00, a ROG Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for $10.00, Revell Civic tuner kit for $5.00, a bag of 911 Turbo kit for $3.00, AMT 1957 Chevy Stepside all in one kit (free in the raffle.)

ALL IN ALL, a great weekend for kits!!

I really wanted that kit, Ken.

I really hate you guys! All this talk about Ollie's model clearance made me go take a look at one local to me. This is what they had

IMG_1773-vi.jpg

And this is what I came home with,

DSCN6161-vi.jpg

And this is haul from eBay the past few weeks,

DSCN6166-vi.jpg

Nice score. love the Calica and 91 Firebird...

In the mail, from an eBay purchase, I got AMT's 2005 Buyer's Choice Pirahna rear engine funny car reissue. Opened the the box. Did some pre-paint subassembly to the engine and chassis. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing. A little bit of flash on some of the parts. But, nothing too horribly bad. I like clear upper half of the body. I'm thinking about keeping it that way. Only the thing I don't like are the decals and plastic tires. I may have to buy an after market set of decals. The price I've seen for a replacement set of the original style decals, I feel is a little high, especially with shipping. So I'm not sure were I want to go with that. Replacement tires should be no problem. I think I may have a set or two that will work.

Then at last nights MCCM meeting I picked up AMT's part pack T roadster racing body. No surprises here. The only thing I question, is putting it together with AMT's parts pack chassis. I'm still not sure how well this will work?

Scott

Just ordered off eBay another AMT Double Dragster kit. Mainly for building a twin engine dragster. But, also for using the Fiat chassis with the parts pack T body. There is too much missing to the parts pack chassis to work well with the parts pack T body. So, since I've built the Fiat and the Streamline dragster from my first Double Dragster kit. I'll build a dual engine dragster and T body dragster with the one I just ordered. I've been looking for an excuse to buy another Double Dragster to build the twin engine version. So, the parts pack T body just gave a reason to do it.

Scott

Went back to Ollies in Bowling Green KY today, sadly they are wiped out of kits and the store manager said that's all they will get. Might have 60 kits left 90% of them are Lindburg. I did find the Charger cop car and bought 6 of the last 10 they had. I must say its a really nice kit! It can be built as a stock charger with 3 sets of rim options or the cop car with 8 light bar options. I can see a stock build, a cop build and maybe a Fast Five movie car build........hmmm

15303121449_5aaf870660_h.jpg20141009_141745 by jrherald420, on Flickr

I know nothing about this kit or the real car. It's got the half a V8 Tempest 4? I didn't know that engine was ever done in model form. Brad, I hope you consider doing a review on this kit sometime in the near future. I'd like to learn more about it.

Scott

Yeah Scott, it has TWO of the Tempest 4cyls in this kit...one to put in the car and another for display. I've never done a review...this might be a good one to start with. This kit is still sealed, so I'll probably wait until I'm done with my current projects.

Edited by ShredHippie

In this week...

I've been eyeing up this MPC Monkeemobile in the clearance section at my local Hobby Lobby for a few weeks..well they just put it on double clearance for $7.91! .. so I had to grab it!

Also received this still sealed Revell Formula Firebird from 1980. It looks to be a variation of the Revell Travolta Firebird Fever/Firebird Street Machine kits with the IMSA style flared fenders but has a 1977-78ish custom nose, Formula hood and a stock style rear spoiler. The parts sound REALLY loose inside this box, so I'm afraid of what I'll find when I open it..

Edited by ShredHippie

From another estate sale over in Glenview:

15503540911_60a02a5bd8_c.jpg

The Granada's missing one taillight, most of its chrome has faded down to the clear plastic underneath; the T's box got wet at some point and the decals got messed up:

15506705305_8a4c885793_c.jpg

I'll take a whack at scanning and restoring them. Both of these may be trading material...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...