Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?


LokisTyro

Recommended Posts

I'm amazed that people driving today can zipper merge. Coming home tonight It took one hour to travel 10 miles because people become type A's when they get behind the wheel. no matter about other drivers on the road as long as they first in the line. I know I have mentioned this before but this really gets me. You Mr. or Mrs. Self important you are not the only one out here. We all want to get home in one piece and with no damage to our cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing earth shattering, but a question unanswered. Local pickups used by city/county/state vehicles and even a few survey company vehicles with the yellow lights on the roof. I understand that they would be a good idea when parked by the side of the roadway especially if they are half on the road as that seems to be the standard for parking such vehicles.  But when driving around in no particular hurry to get anywhere with no sign of any type of emergency, is this really the time to have these lights flashing? When I see a flashing light like this in my mind, I think of an emergency vehicle needing the right of way. Is this a local issue or is this something being done elsewhere as some sort of safety thing?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

brought my brand new 2022 ford ranger in for the windshield recall. they did the recall and i picked it up after hours.

however, i found there was some kind of clear grease all over the place. on the door panel, on the windshield, on the mirror, dashboard, center console, steering wheel, etc. additionally, there was some dirty grease on the handle used to pull yourself into the truck. not only that, there is a spot they obviously used too much glue because you can see it from the inside of the truck.

i cleaned all the grease out of the truck and its fine now, but i called the dealership to ask about the too much glue and told them i wanted them to use someone else because they made a mess of my new truck and they didnt seem to care even a little. i called a different dealership, and they said i need to use the same dealership. so when i spoke to the original dealership and told them that i wanted to make sure they used someone else, they told me ok, he is on vacation this week. bring it in this week. 

i am not going to use this dealership again after they fix the glue issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrMiles said:

brought my brand new 2022 ford ranger in for the windshield recall. they did the recall and i picked it up after hours.

however, i found there was some kind of clear grease all over the place. on the door panel, on the windshield, on the mirror, dashboard, center console, steering wheel, etc. additionally, there was some dirty grease on the handle used to pull yourself into the truck. not only that, there is a spot they obviously used too much glue because you can see it from the inside of the truck.

i cleaned all the grease out of the truck and its fine now, but i called the dealership to ask about the too much glue and told them i wanted them to use someone else because they made a mess of my new truck and they didnt seem to care even a little. i called a different dealership, and they said i need to use the same dealership. so when i spoke to the original dealership and told them that i wanted to make sure they used someone else, they told me ok, he is on vacation this week. bring it in this week. 

i am not going to use this dealership again after they fix the glue issue. 

Should you not get satisfaction from the selling dealer there is a phone number in the back of your owner's manual for Fords Customer Service. I would call them if the dealer doesn't make it right by you. The dealership has a relationship with Ford the company, much like GM and Chrysler, that has a matrix for customer satisfaction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, espo said:

Should you not get satisfaction from the selling dealer there is a phone number in the back of your owner's manual for Fords Customer Service. I would call them if the dealer doesn't make it right by you. The dealership has a relationship with Ford the company, much like GM and Chrysler, that has a matrix for customer satisfaction. 

the selling dealer was significantly worse. i wont go back to them. once this issue is resolved with the windshield, i am going to a dealership that i dealt with in the past, but they are 1 hour away. the dealer that i got the truck from has the worst service department of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, espo said:

Nothing earth shattering, but a question unanswered. Local pickups used by city/county/state vehicles and even a few survey company vehicles with the yellow lights on the roof. I understand that they would be a good idea when parked by the side of the roadway especially if they are half on the road as that seems to be the standard for parking such vehicles.  But when driving around in no particular hurry to get anywhere with no sign of any type of emergency, is this really the time to have these lights flashing? When I see a flashing light like this in my mind, I think of an emergency vehicle needing the right of way. Is this a local issue or is this something being done elsewhere as some sort of safety thing?  

My son has those yellow light bars on his car. Reason being they turn them on is when they’re in park. He’s currently doing internship with the NYDOT. So it is a safety thing. Driving around with it, it depends on the situation. Some use it as lead or follow vehicles between trucks carrying a wide load.

To answer your question of right of way... no, you do not yield right of way to them - even if they’re behind you. It’s mainly a Caution thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

the selling dealer was significantly worse. i wont go back to them. once this issue is resolved with the windshield, i am going to a dealership that i dealt with in the past, but they are 1 hour away. the dealer that i got the truck from has the worst service department of. 

When Ford sends you their customer survey be sure to mention the issues with the selling dealer. The manufacturers want to keep you asa a customer and if a dealer isn't being fair with a customer they really do want to know.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackSheep214 said:

My son has those yellow light bars on his car. Reason being they turn them on is when they’re in park. He’s currently doing internship with the NYDOT. So it is a safety thing. Driving around with it, it depends on the situation. Some use it as lead or follow vehicles between trucks carrying a wide load.

To answer your question of right of way... no, you do not yield right of way to them - even if they’re behind you. It’s mainly a Caution thing.

The safety part I understand, and I think that is a good idea. These guys are just moving along with traffic with no sign of leading vehicles, just going to lunch or a coffee break. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, espo said:

Should you not get satisfaction from the selling dealer there is a phone number in the back of your owner's manual for Fords Customer Service. I would call them if the dealer doesn't make it right by you. The dealership has a relationship with Ford the company, much like GM and Chrysler, that has a matrix for customer satisfaction. 

This.... ^^^^

I’d call the main Ford Customer Service number. Corporate will get on the horn and contact your selling dealership and demand they do you right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, espo said:

When Ford sends you their customer survey be sure to mention the issues with the selling dealer. The manufacturers want to keep you asa a customer and if a dealer isn't being fair with a customer they really do want to know.  

the issue with the selling dealer was that i called for the recall, and they told me to make the appointment online. since it was a new recall, i wanted to make sure they were able to do it. i have to get an uber ride back

 

anyway, i made the appointment for 3 weeks out, and i tried to call 3 or 4 times over the 3 weeks leaving messages each time to verify they can do the recall job. nobody called me back. when i brought it in, i had to take an uber home. i get a call, they cant do the recall and tell me to come get the truck. i explained that i tried to call numerous times, nobody called me back. he had excuse after excuse,  but never a sorry.  anyway, i used a different dealership for the recall, and they messed it up and left grease or something all over the car

 

i have owned many fords, they are my goto brand. however, this dealership i first used that couldnt do the recall, i have had issues with their service in the past. the problem, they are 5 minutes from my house and the next closest is 30 minutes. i am going to go to the one 1 hour away going forward because they are good. i used them for service for my last ford and my wife's ford. its just an all day event when i need a service or repair since its a lot of driving and waiting

Edited by MrMiles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrMiles said:

the issue with the selling dealer was that i called for the recall, and they told me to make the appointment online. since it was a new recall, i wanted to make sure they were able to do it. i have to get an uber ride back

 

anyway, i made the appointment for 3 weeks out, and i tried to call 3 or 4 times over the 3 weeks leaving messages each time to verify they can do the recall job. nobody called me back. when i brought it in, i had to take an uber home. i get a call, they cant do the recall and tell me to come get the truck. i explained that i tried to call numerous times, nobody called me back. he had excuse after excuse,  but never a sorry.  anyway, i used a different dealership for the recall, and they messed it up and left grease or something all over the car

I haven't had to deal with a recall for a while, lucky, I guess. But when I did the Dodge dealer gave me a car to drive until the finished our Charger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, espo said:

I haven't had to deal with a recall for a while, lucky, I guess. But when I did the Dodge dealer gave me a car to drive until the finished our Charger.

i asked, they said no. they wouldnt even give me a ride home. i had to pay 15 dollars for an uber. 

whats funny is i really wanted the chevy colorado but couldnt find the one i wanted without the dealership marking up the truck 4000 or 5000 dollars. ford on the otherhand gave it to me for sticker. its much nicer than i wanted originally and it was in the same price range as the colorado. so more options, but same price before the markup. i also fit better in the ford. i am very heavyset and tall, so its important to me to have room

i love the truck, but having to drive 1 hour stinks

Edited by MrMiles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MrMiles said:

i asked, they said no. they wouldnt even give me a ride home. i had to pay 15 dollars for an uber. 

Like I said this was a couple of years ago and I realize things have changed, but the manufacture was paying the dealer for the rental. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just happened to glance at my cart that holds my spray paint and noticed this clear gluey goo that looks like it's coming from the bottom seam of the can of an unused can of Model Master GTS Blue Pearl Lacquer paint. Grr. It's the only can I had and planned to use it only GTX kit. What makes that happen? I had another Model Master can do the same thing?

MML-28129-2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

I just happened to glance at my cart that holds my spray paint and noticed this clear gluey goo that looks like it's coming from the bottom seam of the can of an unused can of Model Master GTS Blue Pearl Lacquer paint. Grr. It's the only can I had and planned to use it only GTX kit. What makes that happen? I had another Model Master can do the same thing?

MML-28129-2.jpg

Common with that brand, I have many of them doing that. Can't say that I've noticed any adverse effects from using them, at least not during the initial use when the can is full. I just view it as a sign from above that the project that depends on that color better get on the bench sooner than later.

Edited by imarriedawitch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

I haven't tried spraying it yet but you think it's good? I better get right on that kit. 🙂

 

My experience with the brand is that they spray kinda thick, even when new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i asked, they said no. they wouldnt even give me a ride home. i had to pay 15 dollars for an uber. 

whats funny is i really wanted the chevy colorado but couldnt find the one i wanted without the dealership marking up the truck 4000 or 5000 dollars. ford on the otherhand gave it to me for sticker. its much nicer than i wanted originally and it was in the same price range as the colorado. so more options, but same price before the markup. i also fit better in the ford. i am very heavyset and tall, so its important to me to have room

i love the truck, but having to drive 1 hour stinks

Oh my... I’ve never heard of a dealership not having a courtesy service. I’d still file a consumer complaint against that dealership to Ford Corporate Office ASAP. Sounds like their management & staff have zero respect to their customers. File the complaint and do let us know what their response / plan of action is against that dealership. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Oh my... I’ve never heard of a dealership not having a courtesy service. I’d still file a consumer complaint against that dealership to Ford Corporate Office ASAP. Sounds like their management & staff have zero respect to their customers. File the complaint and do let us know what their response / plan of action is against that dealership. 

 

honestly, im not going to bother. even if i did complain what would it accomplish. the dealership will continue to have terrible service.  i had an issue with a chevy dealership in the past and complained to corp, and all they said is the dealers do there thing and they cant control it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

My experience with the brand is that they spray kinda thick, even when new. 

Thank you Charlie and Tony. I'd better get on the kit really soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...