Model Cars Magazine Forum

the cars from cars

brett

my 2 and 3yr old grandsons love the movie cars, so much that the 2yr olds mum (my 2nd eldest) can pretty much recite the whole movie, Anyways I've decided to build as many as I can in 24th/25th scale as I can, which is quite a few of them. Starting with the easiest the Sheriff. AMT 49 Merc pretty much box stock

DSCF9973_zps24807b5a.jpg

DSCF9972_zps17a0f983.jpg

DSCF9975_zpseff3b3cf.jpg

DSCF9977_zps11b89919.jpg

DSCF9971_zps052df8c6.jpg

will add to this thread as I build them, doc hudsons half done as I type

Awsome i built the king for my 3 yr old son maybe you can find it on my profile its not exact but close and he loves it I had plans to do the same but hes so all over the place ive decided to just do my own builds now he loves lilo and stitch. Your build came out great cant wait to see the rest, good luck.

Thanks guys, yea some will be harder to pull off but if I get them pretty close the kids wont care, Rob, yes I've seen then Russian I think yes 1:43rd snapper with stickers. Not a full range of charactors though, which is one thing I can do most of, Need to find ,a ( i think ) 60 fury for Flo and an early Le France pumper for big red oh and Bambina for Guido and an isetta? for the little forklift dude, but otherwise reasonably set of most of them

My youngest son was very much into Cars movies when the Hudson race car came out. It was Doc Hudson to him and he likes to "help" me build, so we put the Hudson together as the race car, but had to paint it blue and make it look like Doc Hudson. I also have a Superbird on the bench and of course, he calls it "Mr Na King". But often asks if I'm still planning to paint it green. Yes. But it will always be Mr Na King to him. Who cares if it's accurate or not, as long as we're having fun, right?

Randy

Neat...speaking of Cars, I saw some small scale models of them on the pegs at my LHS the other day...didn't notice the brand, they looked to be snap kits in maybe 1:43rd or smaller scale...

I picked one up at the Schaumburg HTU today when I stopped in to say Hi. Looks decent detail for what it is........but the body is multi piece, literally 5 pieces, not including bumpers, grill, and the headlight/rearview mirror pieces.

Edit, here's a link to my pics and thoughts on this kit

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80135

Edited by Joe Handley

Brett, my wife picked up 3 1/43 scale models of the cars from Cars, also for our 2 year old grandson (Doc Hudson, Lightning McQueen, and Mater). They are snap kits that I will put together and give to him, but, so far, all of the snap-together models that I've given him, he's broken pieces off within 5 minutes..!! I realize he's only 2 and it doesn't upset me at all. I think I need to start giving him sturdier cars and trucks like TONKA...LOL.

• 1 month later...