Model Cars Magazine Forum

Henry J Twin Turbo - Didn't see that coming..........

Codi

Fellow builders...a hearty thank you for your comments. I'm having a good time on this build and I'm at a "happy place" wherein I do my research, look at the pic and just start building what I see. Sometimes I get it right, others, not so much. :) I'm going to re-work my battery boxes and am well into the fire bottles & bracket among some other pieces. Soon, time to get to the chassis. I expect to have something modest to post later this coming week. Till then, my best regards to each and everyone of you that viewed this thread and shared your comments.

btw, can anyone tell me how to post in the subject column additional comments to the thread such as "new pics posted blah blah blah" I can't figure it out for the life of me. duh!

Cheers,

Tim

Fellow builders...a hearty thank you for your comments. I'm having a good time on this build and I'm at a "happy place" wherein I do my research, look at the pic and just start building what I see. Sometimes I get it right, others, not so much. :) I'm going to re-work my battery boxes and am well into the fire bottles & bracket among some other pieces. Soon, time to get to the chassis. I expect to have something modest to post later this coming week. Till then, my best regards to each and everyone of you that viewed this thread and shared your comments.

btw, can anyone tell me how to post in the subject column additional comments to the thread such as "new pics posted blah blah blah" I can't figure it out for the life of me. duh!

Cheers,

Tim

At bottom right is an edit button. The edit button allows you modify the topic title.

you have to add the comment first and then do the edit.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

Tim....I do this all the time when I update my posts and add a date. After I post pics I go back to my very first post on page 1 of my thread and I edit the first post then you need to click on edit .... Then use full editor and you can edit your title there. It's the only way I figured out how to do it, I am really looking forward to updates on this beauty.

Tim: You and I have a lot in common. Pretty much the 4th and about 1/2 the 5th sentence of your opening post! This pretty much the most insane thing I've seen here in my short membership. The only thing in common will be I have an unopened Henry J kit in the closet for a build next year. I have acquired quite a few skills from am73grand (Ron) and bookmarked a LOT of Tyrone's work.

You have destroyed the bar instead of raising it. Congrats. I'd say this could go for $2-3k on Ebay to an astute collector. Build on my friend!

Guys, I wanted to show this pic as I've seen your comments about the motors scale. I think you'll get a good chuckle from this 1 pic. Thank you again for the kind comments. Cheers, Tim

hryJTwinTurboCompletedEngine035-vi.jpg

Tim: I'm not laughing... I think I hear the paramedics now...

You sir have way to much talent! I've seen some outstanding work on this forum but you are by far in a class of your own. ( no offense to any one else with that comment but you have to admit that is amazing work )

Edited by Jade043

Mooneyz, Clay, Dave (comp1839) and EVERYONE else that has commented or is following the build, thank you for your flattering comments. Aarons (Jade043) comment was a bit over the top but appreciated as I look up to the scratchbuilders I just mentioned and get my inspiration from them....but to be considered in the same breath as them, well...I am truly flattered.

Dave, glad you like the concept and the engine I picked. I like the unusual and thought this was a good one. When will we get to see some more of your build? Hopefully soon. If you EVER allow anyone to visit your shop while you're milling something, let me know. one day of watching (and asking a "few" questions of course) are worth weeks of reading and videos. I'm installing the DRO on my Sherline this week and finishing the set-up...then we'll see how that goes.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi everyone, very small update. Packaging is tight in the backhalf of the car as Henry J's don't have much trunk space to begin with. So I decided to open up the trunk area for display purposes. I came up with a design I liked, cut it out and made up a brass trunk lid in place of the cutout piece. And I am going to have to do my battery boxes for a 3rd time to make them more space efficient. 2 steps forward, 1 back. Cheers, Tim

HenryJTwinTurboTrunkFab002-vi.jpg

HenryJTwinTurboTrunkFab009-vi.jpg

Edited by Codi

Tim... I admire your dedication to this build not to leave any detail untouched. If anyone here can relate with the two steps forward and one step back, I totally can because I have done that completely with my Army Funny Car. But for me I have felt its been more like1 step forward and 2 back...lol. That trunk lid looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the new design of the battery boxes you come up with. I think you have made a great decision to open up the trunk. Looking forward to more on this