Model Cars Magazine Forum

the new Charger

I love Mopars & while I agree with most people, that a Charger should ONLY have 2 doors, this hybrid is ok, not great, but ok. It would need to shed some of it's bulk, be more aero-dynamically friendly & those old '68 tail lights, ( as much as I love them on a real '68 ) would have to go & something more modern, like on the latest Challenger, would have to be in it's place.

It is a good effort though ?

That brick must have sold well because I see them all over. I kinda like them.

That is ugly.

When I was in USA a couple of years ago, there were lots of Chargers! And even here in Finland I see these sometimes! I think it's not that bad looking car anyway.

But I agree, the one posted here looks horrible. I think it looks like a boat on the first picture. The front and rear end make it look that way, just like it would need major sectioning...

I always thought the Charger should have been a two door..Unfortunately two doors now a days don't sell..Maybe they should have named the four door another name..They have refined it to where it now looks mean and nasty and fast..Sure makes for a good police package....

The new Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers seem to sell very well wth only two doors but then again they dont look like a Magnum with the back of the roof gone.

Any more being said about a new Barracuda using the Challenger platform?

Edited by Jon Haigwood

It's a 4-door world.

Not where I live.

The only 4-door I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of cars) was a Plymouth Horizon... and that was the wife's car. She wanted a 4-door for easy access to the back seat when the kids were little and sitting in car seats.

Four doors aren't so bad. I've had a few that were aces. I've also had some (company cars) that weren't.

The 4-doors I've owned:

1959 Chevy Impala flat roof ~ transportation to college classes ... faded, bloated, indestructible, ugly, but what a Hoot! A true 'who cares?' car!

1970 Coronet police package ~ wow. big but lithe, mo-power, fast, throaty, and EVERYBODY thought it was a cop car, both civilians and cops!

1977 Nova police package ~ rocket sled. Z28 had sex with a go kart and ended up with two extra doors. Handled like nobody's business, too! FAST!

2006 VW Passat Turbo ~ Okay. So now I'm older and the knees don't work as well after all those years. But this car is FUN! And luxurious. And cool. And relatively fast.

The new Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers seem to sell very well wth only two doors but then again they dont look like a Magnum with the back of the roof gone.

Any more being said about a new Barracuda using the Challenger platform?

The "new" Barracuda won't be based on the Challenger platform. It will be replacing the Challenger ( supposedly ? ) & will be built on a World platform, so Fiat can use it on other brands it owns, Specifically Alfa ?

I love my four doors ........... I know it does not look like the old one's but the fit and finish is far superior ,and the ride is awesome how do I know becomes I own one 2006 Daytona R/T which by the way rides better the my 2010 Challenger SRT8 6-sd.

Edited by Mr mopar

The "new" Barracuda won't be based on the Challenger platform. It will be replacing the Challenger ( supposedly ) & will be built on a World platform, so Fiat can use it on other brands it owns, Specifically Alfa

sounds like another Dart

bummer

Edited by Jon Haigwood