Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Corvette Roadster L88 Option

RandyB.

Just finished this Revell 1968 Corvette L88. Built this same kit around twenty years ago and was going to rebuild it but was too far gone to fix it up so I decided to start fresh with a new kit. Painted it in Testors "Bug Yellow" enamel which is a pale shade of yellow. I wanted it to have a real stock look so I went with whitewalls done with my circle stencil and a white gelly roll acrylic medium tip pen. Check her out. :)

Revell%201968%20Corvette%20Roadster%20L8

Very sharp build, Randy. Great color choice, too. If you decide to do another one, keep this in mind: Big block Chevy valve covers have the three bolts near the intake and the 4 bolts near the exhaust.

BIG-BLOCK-CHEVY~~element24.jpg

I hope we'll see more of your work soon.

I like it! I've really lost all interest in Corvette models over the years, Just so many of them out there! But I really like this one!

Steve

Same here Steve. This is the first Corvette I have built in over twenty years. When I was in my teens a buddy and I only built Corvette models and over the years I ended up with too many and got bored with them. I thought I would give this one a try because I liked the L88 engine. The only other Corvette I have plans to build at this point will be the new 2014 C7 if one is ever released.

Same here Steve. This is the first Corvette I have built in over twenty years. When I was in my teens a buddy and I only built Corvette models and over the years I ended up with too many and got bored with them. I thought I would give this one a try because I liked the L88 engine. The only other Corvette I have plans to build at this point will be the new 2014 C7 if one is ever released.

The reason this one grabbed me a bit more than usual might have to do with the fact that it's a little more unusual as a subject than the '63- '67 Vettes that seem to be every where. Plus the color And the workmanship add a lot!! :)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller