Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Countdown - What's in it for you?

Nitrozilla

Hello All..... I just got back from the GSL and what a Show it was. It was my very first time attending the GSL which I have seen in model magazines for years. There was so much talent that show up and the quality of the builds were Amazing. I would like to say a big thank you to Mark Gustavson and His entire crew that put this show on for us modelers. I had the pleasure to meet many of what I want to call Legends in our wonderful hobby. I was reminded by one that they are model builders just like the rest of us. I don't want to mention any names because I don't want to leave anyone out and I know I would because the list of names are way too long that I had the pleasure of meeting. I had a blast getting to talk to and meet everyone one I did. I do want to tell anyone who has ever though of going the GSL or never has been, You need to go and experience it for your self at least once. You will not be disappointed. I am hooked and I will be back at the next one for sure. You will get the chance to meet a lot great people.

Anyway I wanted to share all of the pics that I took while I was at the show. Please forgive me if any are not in focus and if I missed some builds. I know on saturday many more builds rolled in and I tried to get as much as I could. I didn't do anything other than downloading all of the pics off my camera and get them uploaded to my photobucket account There are 900 pics here and I hope you guys enjoy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mooneyzs/library/Plastic%20Model%20Shows/GSL%20Model%20Show%202015?sort=9&page=1

its best to sort them by file name and is the order they were taken.

Guys please forgive me I thought I had uploaded them to the GSL folder I created but I put them in my base plastic model shows folder. I tried to move all of the photos but wasn't able to to that folder. Anyway all of them are just of the GSL there.

Everyone please post links to your pics here as well.

I updated with a New link to the correct folder now

Edited by Mooneyzs

Hey Chris, it was really cool to meet you there and to see in person the impressive vega funny car project, as also all the great models you entered in the contest. Hope to wee you in the next one...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Chris and Ace-it was a real pleasure meeting you guys, and just an amazing weekend, You guys and everyone else there are good modelers and even better people.

For those of you out there who have not gone to GSL or any other big NNL or contest ,the models draw you there but is the PEOPLE that make he show. Getting to know the other model builders is the real treasure, the advice and any trophies won are just gravy.

I had a great time a the GSL, it was a honor meet you all guys, starting from the GSL guys, Mark, Phil, and after John Teresi, you Chris, Vince, Tom Geiger, The ACME guys, Roy and wife, Danno (altough we did not present each other) for say a few names, unfortunately I don't remember all the names, I'm getting old... :D Was a really really pleasure meet you all, see your fantastic work in person and mate my first time at GSL was a great experience!!! The problem now is that I will have to come back in 2017!!! :D

I just wanted to let everyone know that I moving the pics I posted from the folder it was in... into a GSL folder I created. I was a dumb dumb and uploaded them to the wrong folder last night. SO if by chance the link it weird for a moment hang tight and I update the link when all photos are moved.

Ok Everyone.... the files have been moved and looks like it is working on my end when I have double checked to make sure I have the correct link. If you have any issues just let me know.

Ace.... I have to tell you it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and getting to talk for a while. Thank for showing me that carbon fiber hood out in the sunlight. I loved the look and how you tinted it. That was a very nice build and I look forward to more of your stuff.

Simon.... It was awesome meeting you as well. You guy's from Puerto Rico have got some great skills. Your builds were just awesome. I don't think I can't miss the next one and am hooked...lol. I had a great time and GSL didn't disappoint by any means. I was so impressed with the show.

Danno.... Thank you my friend. I have to say I am still in disbelief that a couple of my builds got awards because as I told you and many others I thought there were many more better builds on that table in the Competition Straight line class that deserved it over mine.

Vince... It was a pleasure to meet you as well. and I can't agree with you more that its the People that made the show for me. That is going to stick more with me than any of the trophies

Fabrizio... I really enjoyed meeting you as well. Your builds were incredible and had some very cool subject matters. I have to agree with you that I have to go back in 2017 too....lol. Time to make a list of builds and get on them so I have new material to bring for it too...haha

Edited by Mooneyzs

I had a great time a the GSL, it was a honor meet you all guys, starting from the GSL guys, Mark, Phil, and after John Teresi, you Chris, Vince, Tom Geiger, The ACME guys, Roy and wife, Danno (altough we did not present each other) for say a few names, unfortunately I don't remember all the names, I'm getting old... :D Was a really really pleasure meet you all, see your fantastic work in person and mate my first time at GSL was a great experience!!! The problem now is that I will have to come back in 2017!!! :D

Fabrizio,

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to connect and visit!! It was just so hectic and my special little project ended up taking a lot more time away from socializing than I expected. But otherwise, it was all good -- no, great!! We'll have to make it a point to get together and visit next time - 2017!

Loved all your models!! You bring another dimension to the tables . . . especially your steam punk mono-cycle!

There was just so much going on and so many great people to spend time with . . .

To convert an old phrase; So many friends (old and new and yet-to-be), so little time.

See you in 2017!

Hey Roomie...

I had a great time hanging with you, Art and John at the GSL.

Congrats on your awards, the look on your face when you won them was priceless.

For a first timer - I found the GSL experience both humbling and rewarding.

I am looking forward to the next one.

It was great sticking faces with names I've known for years.

Looking forward to seeing you in Phoenix next April.

I'll be and sure and let the Monterey Guyz know about your successful GSL and we'll work on getting them to attend the next GSL

c'ya

Curt B)

Edited by curt raitz

...my first time at GSL was a great experience!!! ...

And you provided us all with a big laugh with the line about your model "smoke" being what your dog pulled from the couch cushions. That will be a memorable moment in the history of GSL.

Curt... Hey Roomie... I had a blast hanging and rooming with you. Can't wait for you to check out the Desert Scale Classic. Yes you need to get a few of the Monterey guys Like Gorge, Paul and Kevin to come out to the Next GSL. I will work on Gorge and Paul too...haha

Randy... I have checked the GSL website and I haven't seen them post the results there yet

And you provided us all with a big laugh with the line about your model "smoke" being what your dog pulled from the couch cushions. That will be a memorable moment in the history of GSL.

Russell.... That was Classic at the show. I couldn't stop laughing.

@Danno and Chris, looking forward for meeting you guys a the GSL in 2017.

@Russel and Chris, I remember that day when we found out about the couch, my wife was not very happy, and I was giving a Milk-Bone (dog biscuit) to the dogs, because I saw the potential on this material. Maybe I can bring some "smoke" a the next GSL... :D