Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto modelers - Left or right brained?

Jantrix

There's another factor that plays a role here that we haven't considered: "handedness."

People who are right handed generally are more practical, detail-oriented, numbers and data types, while left-handed people are generally more creative and more into the arts ans things like that. I know that's a generalization and not everyone fits the pattern... but enough do so that the theory came about. The whole "left brain vs. right brain" thing is kind of interesting.

BTW... I'm left handed, so you'd think I would have scored somewhere above 50... but I got an even 50 exactly. :blink:

There's another factor that plays a role here that we haven't considered: "handedness."

People who are right handed generally are more practical, detail-oriented, numbers and data types, while left-handed people are generally more creative and more into the arts ans things like that. I know that's a generalization and not everyone fits the pattern... but enough do so that the theory came about. The whole "left brain vs. right brain" thing is kind of interesting.

BTW... I'm left handed, so you'd think I would have scored somewhere above 50... but I got an even 50 exactly. :blink:

How sinister!

Averages range for left handedness from 6-9% of the global populations. That's an awful lot of backwards people. :lol:

I wonder how the numbers break down culturally

Edited by Mike_G

I don't know about other sports, but in baseball there seems to be a lot higher percentage of lefties than in the general population. Is it because left-handed hitters and pitchers are desirable to have on a team, so more lefties make the big leagues than in other sports? In football there aren't very many left-handed QBs, but in baseball a lot of power hitters (and dominating pitchers) are lefties.

for a second there I was beginning to think Harry would claim he is ambidextrous. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

33. And all this time from some other write-up years ago, I thought it was the right-brain that was the organizing side. Meanwhile my chosen field of work was graphic arts, which I still like very much, even though one would think it was on the other end of the artistic intuitive scale. So I must be nuts.