Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blasts from '60s Past - Nordberg's models (3/7/16: Photo links fixed)

• 2 months later...

Took a while, but I re-uploaded all the photos which disappeared last year as a result of the forum upgrade. So, the photo collection supplied by Bob Nordberg's son are all back up in this thread's pages 1 & 2, and we are awaiting on the restoration of Bob's cabover truck, along with any other news about this whole collection going to the International Model Car Museum. Stay tuned.

Edited by Russell C

• 3 years later...

Simply amazing to see the Nordberg Ford Cabover paired up again at the GSL 2019 contest's seminar on the latest International Model Car Museum acquisitions, just as it was in 1964 with the late Augie Hiscano's hot rod in the Revell-Pactra Contest. When I find more photos of different views of Nordberg's cabover before it was placed back into its bubble, I'll post 'em here, along with a link to the GSL seminar video on the Museum.

5cd47e931c2e2_NordbergHiscanomodels.jpg.d1fb16542ae937820758d8653994b6ce.jpg

5cd47e98ed92c_RestoredNordbergCOE.jpg.be4f1cc247714d31fcc56a0a29321d95.jpg

Edited by Russell C
Fixed the typo in Augie's last name

On 12/18/2015 at 2:40 AM, scummy said:

The one that i put up off ebay has the windscreen of a chev of some sort where the original has a ford windscreen .

The cab on the "clone" appears to be a '60 Ford pickup unit, which has the wraparound windshield.  Someone spent a few bucks building that copy: the large tires used only came in a handful of kits, and three sets were needed.