Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about some love for the BIG Pontiacs

gtx6970

I've got project 1959 Bonneville convertible as well as a 62 Bonneville convertible both waiting quietly in the wings

After seeing Steves '59 hardtop all finished ,,,,,,,my '59 will probably be a this winter project .

I also have a second 60 convertible I am not sure what I am going to do with

And in case no ones noticed,,,I buy only convertibles. I have a passion for big open cars

post-9887-0-97715500-1435004207_thumb.jp

post-9887-0-14938000-1435004242_thumb.jp

post-9887-0-85344600-1435004295_thumb.jp

Edited by gtx6970

I've got project 1959 Bonneville convertible as well as a 62 Bonneville convertible both waiting quietly in the wings

After seeing Steves '59 hardtop all finished ,,,,,,,my '59 will probably be a this winter project .

I also have a second 60 convertible I am not sure what I am going to do with

And in case no ones noticed,,,I buy only convertibles. I have a passion for big open cars

Nice Line-up Bill!

I've been really "eyeballing" a '60 Bonneville hardtop I have yet to restore. After seeing a beautiful his & hers pair of '60s @ a car show this past weekend, I'm thinking that may be one of my winter projects.

Steve

Great thread.

Back in the day when Detroit just went wild.

Our first "New" car was a 1961 Impala. 2 door hardtop. I think the tag was around $2400. Not the

"biggest" GM, but these excellent "big" GM builds here brought back memories.

I was 4 at the time.

At age 6, we went to Canada in it.

From Alabama...to Canada.

At night time driving, me and my Brother would swap out sleeping. One on the back seat, and one on the "hat rack" above, under that giant back glass. Wind flowing from Dad "cracking" the window.

Keep the pics coming...I may dream some more.

I am drooling.... I LOVE the big bodied Pontiacs...grew up with the real ones. I only have a few but they need a lot of parts and work to restore them...my family owned....

64,66,67,68,69,70 Bonnevilles

64,69,70 wagons

53 Chieftain 2door sedan with a straight 8cyl,auto.

75 Trans Am 400ci,auto.

70 GTO 455ci,auto.

74 GTO

76 Grand Am/Can Am

love to build some replicas of them all someday.

Wow! I love big Pontiacs. And there are a lot of nice ones here. Someday I hope to add a '67 Bonneville convertible to my collection.

Scott

Me too... from my dads old stuff I have these but they need parts in order to restore them...

70 HT needs-body,glass.

69 HT needs-body,glass,taillights and rear bumper trim panel,wheel covers,hood.

68 needs-glass,wheel covers,drivers bucket seat and console,taillights,grilles,hood,maybe a better body.

64 needs-body,glass,wheel covers,rear bumper and taillights.

63 needs-taillights and a up top.

58 needs-body,glass,all chrome,wheels.

these are like many of those that got damaged during the breakin we had a few years ago here...got to restore what is left of them and the needs list is huge... :(