Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yeee Ha, look at 'em go

Jeez. Does anybody recognize that this subject is dead on this forum?

Stop making Harry have to play Whack-A-Mole.

Oh, I thought we were discussing the ridiculously high prices people were paying for an in production, still available kit. I haven't seen anything political, sexual, antagonistic or non family friendly on this thread. As long as it stays that way, why would Harry want to shut down a civil discussion about models?

Oh, I thought we were discussing the ridiculously high prices people were paying for an in production, still available kit. I haven't seen anything political, sexual, antagonistic or non family friendly on this thread. As long as it stays that way, why would Harry want to shut down a civil discussion about models?

I agree lets keep the silliness out of this or this thread will be the 7th thread to be locked or deleted.

So the question I have for all in panic buying mode. If you are going to make the killing if the online auction sites aren't going to allow you to see them. I know its a silly question because its way too logical.

Actually, I'm kinds curious too! I do plan on buying a couple more snap kits and a 1/16 through work once they become available again, but have no interest in selling them.......not sure what I'll do with them, one might become the black, pre-Duke version of the car from "Happy Birthday General Lee" though.

I've often thought that one could sell some sort of useless goo in a plastic bladder printed with the message: "thank you for your purchase of useless goo, thereby affirming the notion that some people are stupid enough to buy anything" and people would buy it just because it's so true

Around here, we call that Starbucks Coffee! B)

I don't get why people are quick to buy the General Lee Kits at the ridiculous price there selling for.

I think some people have it in their heads that the whole thing isn't just a marketing ploy, and this is really and truly the last time they will have an opportunity to get those items.

Some people probably think they will be able to flip their purchases at a future date for a profit, even at these inflated prices.

And, from what I've seen, some people think that they are striking a blow for freedom or sticking it to the man by throwing their money away on collectibles. I'm reminded of a line in a song: "They got you thinking that buying is rebelling."

Just like the 22lr ammo, as long as idiots pay outrageous prices, the other idiots will keep selling them at outrageous prices.

Is there something going on with .22 long rifle ammo that I don't know about?

Is there something going on with .22 long rifle ammo that I don't know about?

Evidently. It's been virtually unobtainable for three or four years now. Just a few years ago you could buy all you wanted at about 2c a shot. Now, if you are VERY lucky, about the least you'll pay is 5c a shot--and 8 to 10 cents a shot isn't uncommon anymore.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I use to buy it by the case(when I was a kid in the 60's) I think it was about $3 or $4 a case. I think a case was 20 boxes(4X5). I think I still have 3/4 of a case left. But then I only have 2 long guns that shoot it. An old J C Higgins single shot bolt action and a Browning t-bolt with 7 shot clips. Also got my Dads Winchester 22WRF with two boxes of .22WRF rounds. I guess I need to hold onto them.

So why the shortage? Any ideas?

This might be a little more serious than you guys realize, read this article. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/24/no-more-dukes-of-hazzard-toys-with-confederate-flag/29210683/

So they don't issue it any more. This is not that hard to replicate if you want one. There are a ton of 69 charger models out there. Hemi Orange is easy to find also. All you need is the decals. I guarantee that once these go away the aftermarket guys will jump all over this and produce a set. They just won't be able to call it "Dukes of Hazard" or "General Lee" but that will be no different than what the tire guys have to do with "wingfoot" of "hotrock" now. The General Lee is going away as a kit, but if you want to build one, it will always be around. With the exception of the "General Lee" everything else is in the public domain and can be reproduced. You may see some decals with a Gene Lee ral that you have to piece together but where there is money to be made someone will fill the gap.

Edited by Pete J.