Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

IF Revell,Round2 and others would make a few more station wagons. What would you like them to be?

If I post an SUV station wagon...........XJ Cherokee..........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0613.jpg

%7Boption%7D

Didnt Tamiya do that?I have a. Very similar built up.

That was a ZJ Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2l (318ci) V-8, whi h is an ok kit, but not any  better than the 1/20 Lindberg ZJs.  They were originally based off the XJ and AMC had plans on making those the replacement for the XJ since they didn't have the ability to build both.  With the Chrysler buyout came money to further develop the truck and production capacity to build both.  The only major  things the two share are the 4.0l and some of the front suspension.

If I post an SUV station wagon...........XJ Cherokee..........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0613.jpg

%7Boption%7D

MVC001F-vi.jpg

How about these Joe.  1/25 scale from Brookfield, I bid low on the two of them at the same time. Didn't expect to win both.  So I figured I'd resell one. Once I unpacked them and saw the colors I just had to keep both!

Edited by Tom Geiger

IMG_0613.jpg

%7Boption%7D

MVC001F-vi.jpg

How about these Joe.  1/25 scale from Brookfield, I bid low on the two of them at the same time. Didn't expect to win both.  So I figured I'd resell one. Once I unpacked them and saw the colors I just had to keep both!

Got a couple of those two, they're also ZJ Grand Cherokeesjeep-grand-cherokee-1994-1.jpg

I again assert that this could be done !

Revell = based-off of their excellent Z-16

AMT = backdate the 1965 Chevelle wagon

1964+300+deluxe+wagon.jpg

Revell could do it with a combination of the Z-16 and 66 wagon.

There is a guy who drives one of those Oldsmobile wagons Here in Van Wert. Pain'ts faded on his but the car still looks good.

Revell culd retool the alternomad and make the Chevy caprice wagon while supplying the grill and such for the road master and Oldsmobile wagon. Roadmaster and Olds tags as well as the caprices could be decal's.

Edited by ranma
could

I love wagons in general, so I buy any wagon when I find them. Here is my '57 converted from a 1/25 Jesse James die-cast.

modelpic14.jpg

That's nicely done. 

As to prototypes, if it's a wagon, I'll probably buy it. Here's the ones that I think might actually sell.

1955-57 Pontiac Safari

Olds Vista Cruiser, especially a second-generation one.

I think a Forward-Look wagon would probably sell.

The '63 Tempest wagon would be interesting, as a drag or regular car could be very easily replicated with a 2-in-1 kit. 

Any of the 1959-68 Chrysler Town & Countries, which were used on the Massachusetts Turnpike as patrol cars and turnpike ambulances. The Turnpike Authority chose the T&C because of the handling and the absolute, all-out performance from the 413s and later, 440s. 

I think a GM wood-bodied wagon might be a good seller, probably a Buick or Pontiac, as those generally seem to be the most popular with the collectors and are arguably the best-looking of them. 

A clamshell GM wagon of some kind.

1977-90 full-size GM wagon. 

Some mid-30s Ford V8 wagons might be well-received. 

An woodie Mopar of some kind from the early post-war errand, or Plymouth Westchester Suburban from the mid-late 1930s, a very rare, very high-value car popular with collectors of Chrysler products and wooden cars.

A Studebaker Conestoga is a great-looking wagon and I think could lend itself very nicely to a lot of customs like the Starliner does. The Stude Wagonaire is a cool car and might sell just for the weird factor. 

We NEED new-tool '55 and '57 Nomads. The AMT molds are really starting to show their age, and well, do I have to elaborate on the Revell kits?

A '57 Chevy 150 Handyman to go along with the Del Rio, as often suggested, would be a great companion piece. Maybe a Plymouth Custom Suburban, too? 

Charlie Larkin

'67 Fury. '71 Satellite.  '70 Town and Country.  '48 Town and Country.  ANY Olds Vista Cruiser.  And, bring back the old AMT Nova "Crew Wagon" kit, with all of the original goodies.

Fix that Nova wagon, as in make it the multi-choice build, and I'll buy at least one or two. 

The late '60s Mopar wagons are good-looking cars, and I'd grab one. Same with the '71 Satellite; Adam-12, LAPD, LAFD, LACFD, and a lot of other agencies used them, great boon for the emergency vehicle modeler. Set it up with optional front seats and the woodgrain, and you can do a Satellite Regent without too much trouble at all.

Charlie Larkin

IMG_0613.jpg

%7Boption%7D

I agree, Joe. The Cherokee is iconic, and deserves a high-quality model. 

Charlie Larkin

And, bring back the old AMT Nova "Crew Wagon" kit, with all of the original goodies.

Fix that Nova wagon, as in make it the multi-choice build, and I'll buy at least one or two. 

Per JohnG at Round2:

Unfortunately, we’ve looked but haven’t found any inserts for the ’63 Nova Wagon. It’s disappointing because I really like that kit too.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

It would probably be easiest to get them to build something on an existing model.  One thing I would love to see is a 58 Ford which both Revell and AMT have the beginnings for.  A 51 Ford Woody would also be a welcome model, and could be based off of AMTs 49 or 50 Ford.  For the bowtie crowd, AMT could consider 68/69 full size Chevy wagons from the 67 or 70 that they now have, and for the Mopar people they could give thought to a 57 or 59 Plymouth wagon from the 58 Plymouth.  Moebius, how about a Desoto wagon from your 55/56 Chrysler or a wagon from your proposed 61 Pontiac?  By making a year just off of an existing mold, they can come up with a brand new product with minimal expense.  I have very few expectations of ever seeing these things materialize, but it's fun to dream.