Model Cars Magazine Forum

13 yr old new here

welcome to the forum.

My tip is to read through the Q&A thread and the Tips and Tutorials thread, an amazing amount of good tips there.

If you have questions about anything not covered there already, then ask away.

Welcome , Jericho

There is a lot of great info and great people on this forum.  It is good to see some young man building models instead of wasting his life playing video games.  Perhaps the resin casting bug will bite you like it did me!

Edited by Greg Wann

Welcome to the site

I have a 13 yr old and he is just getting into modelling, mostly Tamiya motorcycles 

Have a good look around the site and tell us what you are interested in, maybe can give you some direction on where to look. If you start a work in progress thread ,WIP, and post some pics of your Charger  build we could help even more!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Hey guys I love to build model cars and make them look realistic, I am currently working on a 1968 dodge charger r/t 1/25 scale and if u guys ever have any tips please tell me.

Jericho,  

Welcome to perhaps the most fun hobby on this planet!  I've been building model cars for now more than 60 years, but still remember being 13!  (I turned 71 just a week ago).   You more than likely come at this with the normal limitations of money and experience--we ALL did that, trust me--virtually every one who posts on these forums have been there, done that, got the tee shirt.  Don't let any of our drivel scare you, we don't bite!   Feel more than free to ask questions--hopefully nobody here will denigrate you for that.

Art Anderson (who's built hundreds of model cars since he was 13!)

Speaking as a former teacher, it makes me very happy to see when a kid puts down a magic box and actually does something with their hands. 

Get your friends in on the fun, they may find they like it.

And yes, there's tremendous amounts of information and help here, look around, and don't be afraid to ask questions. You won't get a detention, I promise! 

Charlie Larkin