Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stage Coach Wheelsatnder.......On the workbench 8/11/15

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them:)......I modified a battery and made a battery tray and got it installed......I made a button for the flames that shoot out the exhaust and attached the steering wheel .......I also made some gauges,I used the gauge face rings from "Pro Tech" and detailing wire.......the chassis is pretty much done.....I will start on the engine next.......thanks for looking.

I know this can only get more amazing as you go my friend. I don't see how, but I know it will happen.

I think the use of eyelets for wire guides / hold downs is inspired.  Also, I gotta know. What did you use for the battery caps? The whole thing looks real, but they sell it.

I know this can only get more amazing as you go my friend. I don't see how, but I know it will happen.

I think the use of eyelets for wire guides / hold downs is inspired.  Also, I gotta know. What did you use for the battery caps? The whole thing looks real, but they sell it.

Joe......the caps are brush painted with "Folk Art" Acrylic red paint then brush painted with Tamiya clear......then lightly weathered with "Folk Art" black deluted with water......thanks

Yeah, I need some diapers over here too. Johnny boy that is one sweet update. You are really pushing the envelope on this one and in record time too. Those minions must be reproducing and making more of them because I think you have more now than ever.

Hi Brad......glad to hear from you......I just want to be able to keep up with your amazing scratch building skills......you know I admire your skills Big Brother:)

What to say John?   I'm just dumbfounded is about it.  So many "little" details that you just nail time after time that separate your builds from all the rest.  Just the description of how you captured the color of the battery caps pretty much says it all.  And of course, you work faster than ANYONE on the planet.  Will be following most assuredly and can't wait to see whats in store with the engine.  You must be very satisfied with how it's turning out.   Cheers, Tim

Hello.......Clayton and Codi.......thank you so much for your kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got a good jump on the TDR 3D printed engine......I modified the manfold and plumbed it......I used "Pro Tech" : Fuel line,Linkage rod ends,Nut and bolt ends, Spark plug wires and Looms.....I also wired up the Starter.......thanks for looking.

John... My Brother as usual your work Looks awesome. I love the detail on the engine so far. BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that starter is killer too. You are knocking this out of the park like you do on everyone of your builds. the spark plug wires with the boots just awesomeness right there. I can't wait to see your next update you post.

If I was wearing panties right now, they'd be soaked. John...this is off the charts again. The detail and realism you put into everyone of your builds amazes me. I gonna have to send in one of my secret spy minions in to tape you working because I'd just love to watch you work.

Hello......thank you all soooo very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them Smiley........I got the engine pretty much finished just need to add afew more details.....I made the coil and painted the stacks,timing cover,valve covers and oil pan Alclad......I also used "Pro Tech": braided line ,nut and bolt ends,fuel line and detailing wire......I made my own fittings......I also made a parachute......thanks for looking.

John.... My Brother.... HOLY SMOKES!!!! This most recent update is freaking Awesome my friend!!!! Your Alclad work always blows me away. You are the best Alclad painter I know of. The detail to the engine is just killer. And that parachute set up looks perfect. You have me speechless at the moment with everything you have done here. It really makes me want me want to get more work done to mine now. You are always inspiring me with your work. Keep up the killer work!!