Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG VW Golf Gti Mk1

Mr Stock

Hey all, latest one of the bench for me is this Revell Germany Volkswagen golf GTi Mk1 kit.

Great kit to put together, everyting fits perfect, I did make a couple of mistakes but they are hard to see luckily ! ;)

I painted the car rattle can white, all the decals come in the kit, and I made custom UK numberplates, the number used was actually from the first car I owned a 1977 Ford Fiesta not a VW....Sshh dont tell !

Comments and constructive critisism welcomed

Oh and only the one door mirror ?, thats the way they came form the factory from new ..two mirrors were an option.

0YVQ_389TPSA0z1EWWQO1O95-O9h8s0lANGfrjeN8ZU.jpg

HzhkrNbrOdybhCgS40YdcVreiGR25wzeL6zNPwOmSUs.jpg

zfDA2OJt8KJo4z8HPOzcVekyW03g_PAHCV3XuHvbk2o.jpg

HbgcsSroG9n_QzOfEj9iErPwR9NO_-Tuf0AH3EOcH2I.jpg

Very nice. I especially like the engine compartment and plaid seats. I assume there is right hand steering option. I had a red 1980 Canadian GTI badged as a Rabbit. It was basically a standard fuel injection 5-speed with the European looking body trim and interior. It was a great little car. Mine had a sunroof, Scirocco style alloy wheels and two mirrors

Very nice. I especially like the engine compartment and plaid seats. I assume there is right hand steering option. I had a red 1980 Canadian GTI badged as a Rabbit. It was basically a standard fuel injection 5-speed with the European looking body trim and interior. It was a great little car. Mine had a sunroof, Scirocco style alloy wheels and two mirrors

Your rabbit sounded very nice Phil !, there are RHD & a LHD parts in the kit , well there is in the German kit anyway not sure on the US rebox