Model Cars Magazine Forum

One week yields 3 builds

rmvw guy

One week at Florida beach and three quick builds, I needed that. The double dragster kit has been on my mind for a long time. I just love the box art so had to do it. The other old school monogram kit was fun too. Enjoyed the beach too and photo op. Enjoy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

Great work. You will always remember that vacation when you look at these models.  I've taken stuff along on vacations, but never found the time to do any significant work on them....   Hope you get your vacation house deposit back instead of: "deposit voided due to spray painting of deck and bathroom"!  :D

Great work. You will always remember that vacation when you look at these models.  I've taken stuff along on vacations, but never found the time to do any significant work on them....   Hope you get your vacation house deposit back instead of: "deposit voided due to spray painting of deck and bathroom"!  :D

I painted in a box on the balcony after rattling the can indoors. Lol I was careful to make sure no one was outside to see me. Just simple out of box builds but, I did add plug wires to the Fiat. Wife read 7 novels and shopped while I was doing this. I also swam in the ocean and pool several times a day. Good theropy. I do at least one model on every vacation and yes great memories when I look at my collection. Thanks.

thanks to everyone who commented and thanks for looking.

Sounds like you had a great vacation Ron!   Good for you and your wife!  :P

The last time we got a real vacation in Florida was in 2009!  Life has been a roller coaster since then, but I am in charge of a conference in the Ft Myers area in December and I'm hoping to take the following week off with the wife on Sanibel.

That brings back a great vacation memory for me.I built a '69 Camoro convertible from the pace car kit on a vacation when in rained for a solid week.I bought the kit,paint and everything else in a dime store(yes a real 5 and 10 cent store) and thoroughly enjoyed the build.That built car is still on display in my model room.

Thanks for sharing.

So, you go to the beach for vacation and spend the time building models?   Something wrong with that  . . .

But, they turned out nicely!  

THANKS Danno but, nothing wrong with building models, besides I can't spend all day in the Sun with my fair skin. I did manage to swim in the ocean and pool several times a day while the glue and paint dried. WIFE WAS BUSY READING AND SHOPPING. Nice vacation and very relaxing for just the two of us. We were celebrating 40 years of marriage without the kids and grandkids along. Been working on three models since we've been back home with none complete after almost 3 weeks. This is more my normal pace.