Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock 76 Torino, Done!!!

Porscheman

Got my 2nd S&H Torino yesterday and I just couldn't wait. I primed it with Tamiya grey primer and then Tamiya silver Mica, followed by 3 coats of Testors Wet Look Clear. The interior is painted with Rustoleum Merlot. I added a masking tape split  vinyl top painted silver. I lowered the suspension to stock and added AMT's Whitewalls parts pack with some spare parts box wheels. I have to add BMF,  Headlights and side markers, etc.

How does it look? I value your imput.

Al

FullSizeRenderMA28919241-0005.jpg

FullSizeRenderMA28919241-0004.jpg

FullSizeRenderMA28919241-0003.jpg

FullSizeRenderMA28919241-0002.jpg

FullSizeRenderMA28919241-0001.jpg

Edited by Porscheman

Not overly impressed with his work on this one. I know his builds go for big bucks sometimes, but this one is a definite rush job IMHO

I think Porscheman's is equally nice. yes, the top needs a little, but he went further than the 'bay car.   

Edited by Sledsel

I like those wheels; any idea what they came from? 

The color looks good, too. 

Try MCG vinyl top material; I have some I'll be using on a couple of projects, and it looks nice, easy to work with, too. If you want to try the masking tape, perhaps Tamiya tape, which is very flexible and cuts very clean might work? 

I might go with a maroon vinyl top to accent the interior instead of silver. 

Charlie Larkin

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Per your suggestions, I changed the vinyl top material to 3M Masking Tape and painted it the same color as the interior. I'll start the BMF as soon as the top drys. How does it look? Thanks again for your help. Al

FullSizeRenderMA28919400-0001.jpg

Edited by Porscheman

Looks better with the contrast.

FYI, The vinyl should go all the way to the 1/4 window trim though. Yours looks similar to what a 72 or 73 has. Nice part is, with the tape, it can always be modified. When happy, add the trim.

This will help with your shape on the bottom

hqdefault (1).jpg

Edited by Sledsel

I like it - looks good. At first, I thought it needs a red vinyl top. Silver with a maroon/red top was a pretty popular combination back then. I'm glad you changed it.

How did you lower the suspension, and by how much? I'm working on a non-S&H version myself. It won't be stock, though. Still working out the details.

The top looks great either way, just different styles. A coworker years ago had a Buick from the late '60s with the silver body and vinyl roof and I thought it looked good. I think the maroon roof would look a little more realistic with maybe a light coat of flat or semi- flat clear. Great build either way.