Model Cars Magazine Forum

Double Duty Daycab

Hello again gang, its been a while since my last post, but you know how family, work, and generally life take priority. Anyway, for my 3rd entry I wish to...yes once again... show another one of my "bowtie" cabovers. The truck and converter dolly were finished in 2010,the trailers were finally finished over this summer. The daycab Titan 90 was a ball to build, and was inspired by an old abandoned freight truck that was rotting away in shoulder high weeds here in town for many years until it was finally hauled away for scrap some time ago. The trailers were slightly updated from the 60's to say mid to late 70's by adding additional structures around the roll-up doors, and more period correct d.o.t. bumpers. Also updating air line hook-up locations on the front of the trailers, along with scratch built "James King" model 300 trailer document boxes, which of course were used to store trailer registration papers. Omitting the use of d.o.t reflector tape on trailers is also correct, as the use of the tape was not mandated back then. As I am a road driver for a major "wiggle wagon" freight company, I knew I had to add this type of truck combination to my collection. Anyone who has missed my previous entries please search them out on this site and give me your thoughts. Thanks again.2015-10-25_17.14.56.thumb.jpg.b19737469a2015-10-25_17.12.07.thumb.jpg.d0d1e2ca2d2015-10-25_17.17.35.thumb.jpg.163b4a446e2015-10-25_17.25.35.thumb.jpg.7f8e8304122015-10-25_17.35.54.thumb.jpg.a8271e83292015-10-25_17.48.41.thumb.jpg.b51d7baaaa2015-10-25_17.46.40.thumb.jpg.a5101ab22e

Thanks everyone for your comments. This website gives me the inspiration to build more models, and to appreciate what others are doing out there. In a world full of electronic gadgets and other distractions, it good to know people still enjoy this hobby. Now if we could only get these companies to produce more of the kind of trucks we like to build...old and new trucks.

This one awesome looking model...Like everybody else, I'm very impressed with the flawless execution of this beauty......What a gorgeous model.....I really like this one....It is Very impressive.....Not sure how this ended up in the "quote" box.....Hmmm...

Edited by kilrathy10