Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats your work area like?

• 1 month later...

As only the £1million pound houses in the UK have basements we have to use our outside space, so my wife and I have built a kit log cabin in the back garden. It has electrics,bench, shelving, display cabinets and spray booth(costing £40).

92_zpsjkncpn1e.jpg

That's six years ago when we built it.

This is now abouts, shelving, kits, spray booth and a metal Tintin sign on the wall!

128_zps9zkzuriw.jpg

Edited by PatW

As only the £1million pound houses in the UK have basements we have to use our outside space, so my wife and I have built a kit log cabin in the back garden. It has electrics,bench, shelving, dislpay cabinets and spray booth(costing £40).

92_zpsjkncpn1e.jpg

That's six years ago when we built it.

This is now abouts, shelving, kits, spray booth and a metal Tintin sign on the wall!

128_zps9zkzuriw.jpg

You've got a pretty sweet set-up there, Pat!  -"Lovely Jubbely!" -Derrik ' Dellboy' Trotter

That's a very nice hobby room,  Patrick.    Is that a kitchen exhaust fan on the spray booth?  What kind of paint do you shoot?

Yes the top of the spray booth is a kitchen extractor unit bought from a DIY Superstore (small spray booths here are usually starting at £150) with the hose that I drop out the door when using either acrylic or enamel rattle cans.

You've got a pretty sweet set-up there, Pat!  -"Lovely Jubbely!" -Derrik ' Dellboy' Trotter

Yes Dann we looked at building an extension on the back of the garage, the same size again and we put out four tenders and all came back around £40,000! We had some trees cut down, a fence and deck put up and bought and built the cabin and had the electrics put in for under £4,000! It has full floor and roof insulation and the walls are 2" thick, and I have a small oil filled radiator in there, so it's cozy this time of year!

Edited by PatW

• 3 weeks later...