Model Cars Magazine Forum

To the KOOL KATS at Round2

First of all man this post is not intended for bashing Round2 :) I would just like to personally say a HUGE thank you man to the KOOL KATS at Round2 (AMT, MPC, ect) Tom, John & everyone else involved there are doing a groovy job of bringing back so many gems of our past man. Yes, I know there is a few flaws, but really who cares man, we are modellers and can fix anything hahaha. I’m just glad I don’t have to get a personal loan to buy a Meyers Manx kit lol… When was the last time you went to your LHS and saw all these sitting on the shelf man. So a big THANK YOU Round2 to listening to your buyer’s man & delivering on what people want. I know you will never please everyone but I’m sure you please the masses man :)

amt651.jpg

amt690.jpg

amt701.jpg

amt704.jpg

amt729.jpg

amt768.jpg

amt770.jpg

AMT793.jpg

amt803.jpg

AMT819.jpg

amt824.jpg

amt851.jpg

amt869.jpg

amt873.jpg

AMT899.jpg

amt902.jpg

amt904.jpg

amt907.jpg

AMT908.jpg

amt916.jpg

amt917.jpg

amt920.jpg

amt924.jpg

amt925.jpg

amt926.jpg

amt934.jpg

mpc760.jpg

mpc767.jpg

mpc784.jpg

mpc787.jpg

mpc788.jpg

mpc796.jpg

mpc798.jpg

mpc800.jpg

mpc802.jpg

mpc810.jpg

MPC813.jpg

mpc814.jpg

mpc821.jpg

mpc824.jpg

mpc826.jpg

MPC829.jpg

mpc830.jpg

mpc831.jpg

Edited by Hippie Dude

and what's in the box has been really good - great job cleaning up and restoring the tooling - Love it!  I'm replacing some of the old reissues because the new kits are so much better.

So true dude :) I personally love the pad printed tyres man & the kool little boxes. Plus I collect the box lids man so it's kool to get some of these in brand new crisp cardboard lol

I too am very happy with the job Round 2 is doing. I've purchased serveral of the above kits. It's great to have these old kits back. I love the old style box art. The information booklets included with several of the kits. The restoration of the kits and bring back earlier versions and parts. I also love the tampo printed tires. The new decals. The way the stuff in side the boxes is packaged. Protecting parts from each other. I like the mini boxes. I like just about everything Round 2 is doing.

And, I've brought this up before. But, considering inflation and what I'm getting with these kits. I don't even mind the higher prices. I think they're offering a fair deal for the prices that are being asked for these kits.

Absolutely Hippie Dude, I definitely agree with you about the Kats at Round 2. A BIG THANK YOU from me. We are so fortunate to have so many desirable kits back on the shelves  ( and back in my stash ). And I'm also very excited about what other kits that are going to be coming out in the future. Very Happy, Happy, Happy. Good Thread Hippie Dude and I Thank you too.          Jeff 

I have purchased a number of their reissues as well as their awesome pad printed tires.  I `m not sure what others may desire but I for onre am hopeful that t Round 2  will be able to resurrect some of my other favorite 1/25 sale MPC kits in the very near future....

`69 Pontiac GTO

69GSTO.thumb.jpg.002d0455e5032a3ec91bbc3

`70 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am

70Trans-Am.1.thumb.jpg.0cddb858abe4be9c8

`70 Dodge Charger

970_DODGE_CHARGER_MOPAR_PLASTIC_MODEL_KI

169 Mustang

MPC_1-0731_69Mach1.thumb.JPG.af15a6dd6d7

`70 Mustang

MPC_1370-200_70Mustang.thumb.JPG.5bbfbce

`70 Camaro Grumpy`s Toy

MPC_GENERAL_MILLS_1970_CHEVROLET_CAMARO_

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Those would be nice, however all of the kits pictured have been retooled/converted in to other kits with the exception of the 69 Mustang and GTO F/C. The GTO would only be a box and decal change from the currently available kit for the F/C. What's left of the stock version can be seen in the '72 GTO. There is a good thread in new kits about the evolution of the the Chargers and the Camaro and Firebird have been changed from year to year. The currently available 1979 T/A is what's left of the '70 and the Camaro has been updated yearly as well. 

Ya man like it's totally cool that the kool Kat dudes and the gang have been making radical  cars from back in time. Like we're back to the future style business model from the round 2 kits dude, don't lose that reflux capacitor dudes!!!

Those would be nice, however all of the kits pictured have been retooled/converted in to other kits with the exception of the 69 Mustang and GTO F/C. The GTO would only be a box and decal change from the currently available kit for the F/C. What's left of the stock version can be seen in the '72 GTO. There is a good thread in new kits about the evolution of the the Chargers and the Camaro and Firebird have been changed from year to year. The currently available 1979 T/A is what's left of the '70 and the Camaro has been updated yearly as well. 

It is what it is..thanks for the reality check. But, Round 2 folks still rock.

Hey Greg, didn't mean to rain on your styrene dreams. I too would love to see these kits again. Perhaps we will see some of these in the future from R2 or Revellogram. I'm glad that we are getting some of those vintage gems from R2 again. For the time being I am happy they are at least tooling new parts to take these kits back to better versions. Hopefully down the road we will see more extensive conversions of some the older tooling.

Edited by Phirewriter

Oh yes..truly happy with what Round2 is doing with the trucks [big trucks and pickups] and the cars mentioned. I just want them to return the older kits to there former greatness.Its been a blast building these a and some I never was able to.yes I know tgere has been issues with them.,,so what!!...I'm having fun and to me its worth it and fixing an moding these are fun.thats what modeling is all about.I would love to see all the vintage kits reissued with all the parts and box art they came with back in the original issues.please keep up the great work.I have no suggestions cause everyone else's suggestions are perfect for me.but if your listening to this.why not make the decals, boxes with the original art work and istruction sheets available to purchase directly from you..many other things that I would love to get  besides the kit of course. ..please think about the suggestions mentioned here for future releases..again thank you.I for one am happy....Chris 

I agree, thanks round2 for everything. Something I really like is the cardboard displays like what was included with the new issue of the flameout kit. I bought an extra kit just for that. Like to see more of these in the future. They are awesome for displaying your finished kits.

I was in my local Hobby Lobby the other day and actually was EXCITED to see all that awesome old box art and kits I have not seen in ages. I left the store with the 1/8 Honda Trail 70. LOVED IT !! Soooo glad it was not labeled as a Dax. The box art showed the 1/8 Honda 750, so that one is now on the list !! Planes too !!