Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 window / 5 window POLL

What do you think ? 3 window or 5 ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Ford made two distinct coupe bodies. Your vote.

The three-window was always the first choice for closed '32s. It just has a lighter, sportier feel to me, and the suicide doors on the 3W foretold the design of the '33-'34....though I like them all.

As to which is my favorite...again, it really depends on the specific car. Some versions of each look perfect, some are ill-proportioned messes.

The three-window was always the first choice for closed '32s. It just has a lighter, sportier feel to me, and the suicide doors on the 3W foretold the design of the '33-'34....though I like them all.

As to which is my favorite...again, it really depends on the specific car. Some versions of each look perfect, some are ill-proportioned messes.

Not to mention that the 3-window coupe is wider by almost 6 inches across the seat--much more hip and shoulder room.

Art

In a Hot Rod sense it really depends if you are talking East or West Coast Hot Rods.  For the most part the ultimate West Coast Hot Rod is the Three Window.  East Coast Rodders seemed to prefer the Five Window in a heavily channeled version.  In more recent times an original Three Window prices have reached unobtanium for the average Rodder, the Five Window has been the somewhat more affordable version on both coasts.  With reproduction bodies of both Deuce Coupes being produced again it evens it back out to taste again.

my answer would be; Depends on the look you're aiming at for a Hot Rod, for Restoration pretty much the same depends on what version you find more appealing.  For me personally I prefer the Three Window by a lot, Five Window looks too much like a Model A to be a Deuce, (even though it is).