Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Hurst Olds

Fanof69

Finished this one a month or so ago. Its the 2nd finished build out of the AMT '69 Muscle Car SuperSet.

Finished the Barracuda, and still working on the Torino. This one was a bit of a challenge, I broke the drivers A pillar, plus I could not get the windshield to fit properly. But came out ok I think. The main problem I had was the hood decal. Could not get it to lay down right where it curves down over the nose. Tried and tried and finally ended up ruining the decal. So I spent a couple of hours mixing paint to try and match the color and painted the stripe on the hood. I think I got the color pretty close, but the black pin striping around it is a bit wider than it should be but that's what I had on hand at the time. Ok enough rambling, on to the pics.

As always thanks for looking and comments are more than welcome.

Nice, very nice.

I used to work at a Firestone tire store back in the early 80s  and a lady used to come in all the time for service work driving one of these . She had bought it new and drove the snot out of it .

Last time I remember seeing it was maybe 1985 and it was looking kind of rough.  But ran REAL GOOD

Thanks Mercelo! The biggest problem I had with it was the fit of the windshield. But that was after I had broken the driver side pillar. If you look closely at some of the pics you can see a pretty sizeable gap at the left top. Again thanks for the kind comments.