Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trumpeter gt40 finished

Timonator

Tim, I've been looking at this kit for a year, and I WANT one, but I'm too afraid to bite the bullet..   don't want to end up overwhelmed.  You not only tackled this thing, you even had the guts to go with a black finish!!  I don't how much better that could have come out, but it gets a standing ovation from me.

Very beautifully done!! That black finish looks absolutely flawless! :wub:

I once had this kit and regretted letting it go! Very recently I bought another one, and spent some more bucks and bought the superdetail kit that goes with it. When I'll get around to building it heaven knows, but this is one of my favorite '60's racers and you've certainly done it justice! 

I have to admit though like Ray mentioned--------shooting the car alone without the busy background will really let this one stand out.

Once again, I love it!!

Tim... super nice job. I can imagine the time and effort you put into drilling out every one of those seat grommets. Very impressive in every way. But like others have said, your photos don't do the model justice. You need to shoot that baby on a clean, white background and let the model stand out, not the stuff on your workbench.