Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 Hudson Hornet Special

Chuck Most

I bought this kit Friday afternoon, and here we are with a finished model on Sunday morning. :lol: I did "cheat" a tad by using an engine I already had completed and went totally minimalist on the chassis mods, but I got the look I was going for. The (front) wheels and tires are from the '52 convertible, and yes, the plain black tires and full wheel covers from the Special kit ARE tucked under the quarter panels. The camshaft-flanked skull grille bar was something I made ten years ago, and it was just kicking around in a box waiting for the right project. I guess this ended up being the right project. Paint is Pollyscale Vermont Green.

"Bought it on Friday, finished it on Sunday." About the same amount of time it takes me to feel comfortable enough to glue together the engine halves without screwing up a sequence. 
That is an awesome Hudson! Really like the new roof.

Edited by Jon Cole

Looks like something that was parked outside for a long time before you got your hands on it. Great weathering, very believable. I would like to do an engine like this on a Hudson build, where did you get the head and the blower setup ?