Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Tim, I was looking at what I assume is a clutch pedal(on the left side of the transmission).  I don't know squat about drag cars so I will refer to it that way.  Did you photoetch the shaft or machine it?  Either way that little piece is a work of art.  The tapered lightening holes look great!  Another head scratchier for me. 

Tim... Those hubs are a work of Art and they look Killer. Dude you are knocking this build out of the part. You keep raising that bar for the rest of us. I can't wait to see what you show us next that you make, all I know is it is going to be good. I am loving the look of that CS1, I am sorry I wasn't able to draw one up sooner but my plate is full at the moment and a little overwhelmed but I am glad that Paul was able to get his sized down for ya and it looks like it turned out great!! I will be patiently waiting for your next update. Cheers!!

Ah Pete, that clutch pedal is from Futurattraction.......I can't & won't take credit for that.  It is pretty cool looking.   The hubs are done, onto the calipers.  cheers, tim

Oh, ok.  I have not heard of them but I will most certainly take a look.  I will add, that I could easily see you doing that with the other bits you have done so far.  Keep it coming Tim.  Looking better all the time!

Tim,

Glad to help. It was easy since I already had the solid model, just the wong scale lol.

Looks like it printed fairly well. Btw, the hole in the side of the reverser is or should be.04 for the crossshaft bung with the crossshaft being .02 across the flats. (Hex shaft) Looks like it mated up to your bellhousing well too! Awsome work!

Paul

tim, incredible job on the brake hats!!!! i'm always blown away by your work in this scale.  paul's lenco is killer looking!!! fantastic work paul.

as far as paul's lenco fitting tim's bellhousing.....it should. this is what happens when the aftermarket does there homework and makes CORRECT parts!!!!!!!!! ti'ms bellshousing was designed to fit a lenco bolt pattern.  the cs-3, the cs-1 and the cs-2 as well as the new cs-4 share the exact same mounting bolt pattern. it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that some people / companies, make and sell imaginary parts that don't fit anything but their own stuff. it's nice to see that people who care about accuracy  are starting to come into play with model parts. cudos to you paul and TDR. great work fellas!!!!!!!!!

Superlative, awesome work. Love seeing these updates and thank you for letting me visit the Den of Fantastic Automotive Art again and showing me how to make coilovers and answering my questions. Your work and enthusiasm is contagious.

Thank you gentlemen......I moved onto the calipers.  These are the first "halves" for the hub side.  I machined them from Renshape as I'm going to paint them a custom mix of a magnesium color I came with. Once I get em' painted and assembled I'm pretty certain they'll look pretty cool with hubs and rotors.  cheers, tim

DSC 0007

DSC 0014

Davewilly, thanks man.  I gotta get to the other halves tomorrow so I can see how they look.  I really want to move onto the front suspension now. 

Jeff, thanks and also for following along. 

Randy, appreciated............I keep peeking at the WIP everyday as I just know we're going to get an update from you soon.  Always a treat.

Dave, thanks sir.  You can tell, they're small.  Anxious to see some of your rail progress soon as well,  your 37' is really coming together btw! 

Chris, as always appreciated.  Did you schedule a time to check out that mill btw?  Let me know how you make out.    Cheers everyone!

Today got the other half of the calipers done and the spacer between them.  Now if I could just remember which glue is best for assembling Renshape (DAVE,  any suggestion on what you use?  If it's CA glue, would it be Loctite OR something like Zap-A-Gap or even a 2 part epoxy??  )  Once I get that figured out I'll assembly and detail them, then paint and a few bolts to finish them.  Starting to see a pattern wherein everything I'm doing currently is taking me about 15 to 20 hours to complete.  I've just gotta get faster at this. As a reference for size, the longest part of each caliper at the top is 6.0mm........... cheers, tim

Edited by Codi

BOING!   

as far as glue goes tim...if you use CA do not make any mistakes aligning the pieces. it will bond fast......oops i mean instantly!!  you will not get it apart!!   i'd use a 5 minute epoxy (of your choosing)....just in case. those brakes are a thing of  beauty tim.

Glued the halves together and did a quick mock-up.  Primer/paint and add the bolts & they're done.  I machined an aluminum support bracket that is not in the pics as an fyi.  I'm going to assemble and detail the Lenco that was printed in 3D that Paul drew up next & then the front axle/suspension is on the list.  cheers, tim

DSC 0021

DSC 0030

DSC 0009