Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

Opel GT, bought at a flea market for $4 about a year ago. I have an extra hood from an unbuilt kit so can do SOMETHING with it.

AMTOpelGT01_zpsabbf8dd6.jpg

Original AMT annual '67 Vette panel wagon. After I got the top off, the body was much too nice to chop out the trunk for a true panel, so I'll probably end up putting the top on a common '63 body and restoring the '67 roadster body as stock.

Edited by Snake45

Here's a glue bomb of my own making. The sad remains of an AMT "Sand T," the only rod I ever actually built/finished as a teenager. I gathered up all the pieces and added a few more and "restored" it more or less a couple years ago.

AMT23TA04.jpg

Edited by Snake45

Found some more.  Thanks to John at Round2 for including the convertible boot in the recent Corvair reissue.  Pics are showing up out of order but I think you can distinguish between the "befores" and "afters".

b.JPG

d.JPG

c.JPG

f.JPG

e.JPG

a.JPG

Edited by pack rat

Pack Rat, that '66 Corvair brings back memories. I too brush-painted mine back in the day, in a Pactra turquoise IIRC. And sometimes displayed it with the Fitch Sprint top set on it. I don't think I have anything left of that wonderful old model but the instruction sheet.

Those are sweet Mike!!

Especially the '59 Olds!

Now you have me salivating to get going on mine.

Not a glue bomb, but a very nice unpainted built kit.

Steve

Looking at the pics of my 59 has me salivating to build/restore a '60.......too bad I haven't scored one yet. 

Got this rare but inaccurate AMT '68 Corvette body in an eBay "junkyard" deal. It came with the interior tub but nothing else. The paint stripped off right nice. I've managed to score a cut-down windshield for it, and have figured out how to make or finagle everything else I need to turn it into a Corvair-powered "kit car."

Another eBay junkyard score. Somebody had actually glued glitter of some kind into the paint! It all stripped off fine, and underneath was an original annual AMT '63 coupe with the roof cut off. I'll figure out SOMETHING cool to do with it, I assure you!

Got this rare but inaccurate AMT '68 Corvette body in an eBay "junkyard" deal. It came with the interior tub but nothing else. The paint stripped off right nice. I've managed to score a cut-down windshield for it, and have figured out how to make or finagle everything else I need to turn it into a Corvair-powered "kit car."

VetteAMT6801.jpg

VetteAMT6802.jpg

Now THAT'S a nutty idea.  I like it.  How about a Manx chassis?

Looking at the pics of my 59 has me salivating to build/restore a '60.......too bad I haven't scored one yet. 

You just missed it Mike!

I just traded this '60 Olds kit to another member a few weeks ago.

I had another that I already built.

Sorry, no before pics of mine, but it was a glue bomb when I got it.

Steve

photo 60 Olds 013_zpswomcx0gs.jpg photo 60 Olds 006_zpsq8lv7ojn.jpg photo 60 Olds 010_zpsx5jiihj0.jpg

This is turning into one of my favourite threads so far !

Ive just done a deal on a couple more gluebombs from the states so it will be a couple of weeks before I get them, one is an AMT 64 Buick Riviera and the other is an MPC 67 Olds Toronado, Ive been after a Toronado for years, this one has the custom front and rear tretaments so Ill be needing a few parts.

You just missed it Mike!

Steve

photo 60 Olds 013_zpswomcx0gs.jpg photo 60 Olds 006_zpsq8lv7ojn.jpg photo 60 Olds 010_zpsx5jiihj0.jpg

Oooh that's nice....I gotta get me one.     

I have many to restore and love to rebuild them so here are a few of my mine.

AMT 60 Edsel convertible. This is pic is right off of ebay.

60_Edsel_a.thumb.jpg.656cbe8c49e011c784b

This is a 61 Lincoln Continental annual.61 Continental a.JPG

This is a 62 Lincoln Continental Annual.62 Continental a.JPG

This is an AMT 62 Thunderbird Annual.62 Thunderbird 01a.JPG

Edited by Sport Suburban

Another glue bomb of my own making. All that's left of the Mako Shark I built as a kid. The plan is just to clean it up and stick it on a simple generic chassis of some kind as a relic of my youth. I've collected enough other MS parts to do a nice restoration/rebuild on another one.

MakoShark01_zpsolvextz0.jpg

Edited by Snake45

You just missed it Mike!

Steve

photo 60 Olds 013_zpswomcx0gs.jpg

And I thank you. its sitting safely ,,,but patiently ,  in the stash

Its on my short list ,,,might even be this fall