Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 nova revell > barnfind > fully detailed engine bay

crazyrichard

Very kool and I am partial to the Deere signs too!!!!! Could be 'cause I work there but, maybe not...... LOL Looks awesome!!!!

So where do you get the logos from the signs? Magazines and stuff??

thnx and cool !

i got the logo trough google images , then made to the correct size in adobe ps and printed on matte photopaper .. i'm also capable of designing stuff myself or alter stuff ...in the past i spend hours and hours on virtual design ...then i switched to modelbuilding , i cant do both timewise :) i need my retirement ....lol oh well that a long time away ince i'm 41 years old haha

thnx and cool !

i got the logo trough google images , then made to the correct size in adobe ps and printed on matte photopaper .. i'm also capable of designing stuff myself or alter stuff ...in the past i spend hours and hours on virtual design ...then i switched to modelbuilding , i cant do both timewise :) i need my retirement ....lol oh well that a long time away ince i'm 41 years old haha

I hear ya on the retirement stuff, I'm 47 and got a long road ahead. Can't get here soon enough...... Like the ideas of what you do with the signage, do you put them on a metal backing too. Just thinking that way the corners can be curled a bit... How do you downsize them? I take it you must have photo software to allow that... Thanks for the info and keep up the great work on this. Liking where it is going for sure!!!!

I hear ya on the retirement stuff, I'm 47 and got a long road ahead. Can't get here soon enough...... Like the ideas of what you do with the signage, do you put them on a metal backing too. Just thinking that way the corners can be curled a bit... How do you downsize them? I take it you must have photo software to allow that... Thanks for the info and keep up the great work on this. Liking where it is going for sure!!!!

yes i put them on 1mm thick brass metal plate .. you can even make a slight curve in the sign !! ...

best way is >

1. print the sign on the smoother side of matte photo paper .

2. then i take clear tape and put it on the logo / sign with white paper around not cut to size. 

3. then i deside if the sign needs to be gloss or weathered if weathered i sand the clear tape top with superfine sandpaper so it matte .. the tape actually makes the sign glossy

4. i put 1mm thick double sided tape on the back of the print / sign .

5. i stick it on 1mm thick copper plate , you can use whatever you can find

6. i cut it all to size with a large harp pair of scissors ..

7. i take a black marker and go along the side edges this hides like the white ide and brass ..

the reason i use tape on top aand double sided paper on the back is that the print will stay in tact .. wont run or get moist from glue or clear

and i downsize it with adobe photoshop , my verssion has a bug that i cant get rid of . when i use the size it wont print out in the correct size ..

so i have a supersimple way i have a master file / picture with a small sign on it and i jut copy my sign on that file and resize it by eye with the one sin on there i know is correct and use my eyes to size it .. for a exact size i can messure the sign on there and then figure out the right size ..

Always like your work, will be watching

thnx dan .. it been sitting still for a week , not feeling good  a 100% atm , bad headaches :(

yes i put them on 1mm thick brass metal plate .. you can even make a slight curve in the sign !! ...

best way is >

1. print the sign on the smoother side of matte photo paper .

2. then i take clear tape and put it on the logo / sign with white paper around not cut to size. 

3. then i deside if the sign needs to be gloss or weathered if weathered i sand the clear tape top with superfine sandpaper so it matte .. the tape actually makes the sign glossy

4. i put 1mm thick double sided tape on the back of the print / sign .

5. i stick it on 1mm thick copper plate , you can use whatever you can find

6. i cut it all to size with a large harp pair of scissors ..

7. i take a black marker and go along the side edges this hides like the white ide and brass ..

the reason i use tape on top aand double sided paper on the back is that the print will stay in tact .. wont run or get moist from glue or clear

and i downsize it with adobe photoshop , my verssion has a bug that i cant get rid of . when i use the size it wont print out in the correct size ..

so i have a supersimple way i have a master file / picture with a small sign on it and i jut copy my sign on that file and resize it by eye with the one sin on there i know is correct and use my eyes to size it .. for a exact size i can messure the sign on there and then figure out the right size ..

thnx dan .. it been sitting still for a week , not feeling good  a 100% atm , bad headaches :(

thanks for the info Richard, I don't have Photoshop but may have to play with this a little bit. I like the idea of what you did!!!!!!

thanks for the info Richard, I don't have Photoshop but may have to play with this a little bit. I like the idea of what you did!!!!!!

B)

jut added some small things ,

placed the ss grille on the side on the inner guard and the front bumper is shoved in the car through the window , weathered added a turnsignal(s)

and put a '53 ford pick up fender against the wall , a car part that fits with the barn and farm theme .. bit of a mix between ...

Ditto what Joe said!!!!!!!!!

thnx kerry !!

added some smalls

a metal hook on the beam right of the barrndoors

383c1b733d691230ff5674a30026bc75.jpg

old radiator , on the toolcart a old carb part (tractor?) , wrench in the drawr , a hydro crane in a old tyre and a metal rusted 2 legged metal part (miscelanious part)

fac35c149f49fe4ee9a1da62ad0d597b.jpg

overall vieuw

1068e5ed6114b362219823cb9a588590.jpg

Edited by crazyrichard