Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 nova revell > barnfind > fully detailed engine bay

crazyrichard

going slow .. every now and then i try to ad some stuff and lenghten this build :) def. needs stuff on the floor ..but i let the dio guide me where it wants to go , no set plans like always

added a small metal frame thingy on the bench and a no smoking sign on the wall (not bad since its all wood) , then dust over the new items ..

made a cubbord , bit more modern since its not particulairly in the past but timewise thi could be now ..painted it red with some washes , added dust and a hardwood top

added some grip plyers , grippng a rod on the workbench , added  nother rusty chain on the wall hook

made a bend licence plate , decal on copperplate

close up

overall vieuw and on the small red cubbord i put a decal on the door and a small oxygen bottle on top , just misc. stuff

so i just placed the nova , toolcar and a tractor tyre in the dio .. fixed in position / glued down ...

then started dusting the place , not removing dust no no no putting dust on haha !

walls and especially the edges got dust , floor got a dust layer and the nova got covered with a dusty layer :)

b6eb2a6b6f4a59333283f49c437569b8.jpg

Richard, how do you "dust" something? Talcum pwder?

I hear ya on the retirement stuff, I'm 47 and got a long road ahead. Can't get here soon enough...... Like the ideas of what you do with the signage, do you put them on a metal backing too. Just thinking that way the corners can be curled a bit... How do you downsize them? I take it you must have photo software to allow that... Thanks for the info and keep up the great work on this. Liking where it is going for sure!!!!

Don't wish your life away guys.

no i simply use pigment powder from vallejo , but any pigment powder will work.. i found thi out by acccident , it actually the lightest colored rust powder its not brown and its not yellow .. imo way to light for rust ..

put it on finished stuff with a large soft brush and brush and brush and ou get that dusty look and feel .. also like the wall when you do more on the bottom you get those color differences .. it actually so simple..

its like a layer over stuff , a haze and you can always get it off or downtone it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, crazyrichard said:

thnx david ! for now its slightly on hold .. i am working on my big garage dio , a long ging project ..suddenly felt like doing stuff to the garage .. but the barn will be continued soon

Been missing this one. Anything new on it Rich?