Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 nova revell > barnfind > fully detailed engine bay

crazyrichard

thnx guys !

and carl > yes something along those lines .. i also have a cool tractor tyre wich is hollow inside .. dont know exactly what will be placed around the car .. but it will def. look like a old junk barn .. the nova in the foreground as a > i put it in the barn ages ago .. mabe make it all a tad dusty :)

thnx guys !! atm it sitting on the bench , i suddenly have a low bloodpressure and dizzy .. also it 36 degrees over here ...coming from 22 degrees suddenly its a desert so i dont feel like building :) i hope to finis the wall where the door is this weekend and maybe build some shelf for the wall to put some misc. parts on

well dizzy-nes became worse , felt soo bad for days ... today finally it went slightly better .. i finished the last wall section and added some side braces on the beams

stained

the car got ome of the real transparent woodstain over it as well its not shiney tapped it on and it brought all the tone to life and made the blue look a tad dirty while bringing the tone closer to the dio .. irl you ee it better on picture the blue catches to much light in comparison to the brown walls

Hope you are feeling better. Do you have any idea what caused the low blod pressure. Did you see a doctor? Take care.

That barn for the barn find is cool. Looking forward to seeing all the great details you will be adding.

thnx !

no i dont , i did see a docter he mesured my bloodpressure , they took some blood and now they got the results in , all was fine exept my vitemine B12 , that was low , so theyw ill run a second test to see if i need b12 injections .. but that does not explaain the low bloodpressure ..i googled it and its even healthy to have low blood pressure , thing is they cant raise it .. and people can have low pressure and experience dizzyness , throw up , even black out ...friday at home i went mad i could not focus on anything , the subtitles on tv moved vertical and horizontal like 2 cm .. i could not focus on one thing and even almost trew up ... bleehhh ... thing is i'm a truck driver and i didnt feel well enough to drive .bossman gave me other tasks wich still included operating a big rig ?? ooohhh ...

but i hope it wont come back as bad as friday .. thats just like your soooo drunk .... funny if i would drink and go to work i would get fired .. but when i feel the same due to low blood pressure they see me fit to operate a truck ?? go figure

Been watching this one for awhile, it's actually what got me to sign up as well lol that is a mighty looking fine barn. Can't wait to see what will go in it. 

thnx ! and thats exactly how i ended up here and got inspired by other here and pushed me to build and build :)

so i just placed the nova , toolcar and a tractor tyre in the dio .. fixed in position / glued down ...

then started dusting the place , not removing dust no no no putting dust on haha !

walls and especially the edges got dust , floor got a dust layer and the nova got covered with a dusty layer :)

added some more stuff a old risty jeep hood and a electrion oil sign

put the ford oil sign on the other wall and started on some smalls on the toolcart

made a plate and hook on the beam and hung a rusty chain on the hook ..saw something similair on tv recently

john deere sign on the nova roof

as a whole , needs loads more stuff

Richard I'm sorry to say that I've run out of superlatives- all your excellent work has used them up. Great work, as always!

David G.

thnx :)

I always enjoy your work,  and must admit some envy. I wish I had your eye for aging and weathering. 

thnx !! and well its really a case of just starting to weather stuff and try and its even so that if you screw up you put a nother layer on and a nother ... , my earlyer attemps where way less , its just as all the rest you have to start at some point and improve .. every new weahered build i think has something new and better then the last one ..and i love clean builds but the whole weathering thing is just so much fun to do .. its even not that i like weathered more then glos irl .. if i had to choose between a real weathered car or a perfect example , i would choose the perfect one .. but to build > man its fun to do ..

and best advice > when you start to weather the first few layers , coats and what not you put on , dont look great its a case of building up the layers and keep adding effects andd just trying stuff after a while it starts to get better every thing you add ..lately when i'm all done i just brush some light brown almost yellow powder oer stuff that really make it more matt and give it like a filter and makes it look dusty and older

Nice additions Richard!! I do like the tractor tire and signs.. Looking forward to what else you come up with...

thnx ! i have a nother tractor tyre but that will be saved for a nother dio in the future , got these of a simple toy tractor i actually found .. and they are hollow inside and actually look great :)  as for the rest i dont know either will be what comes to me by itself (idea) it def. needs way more ..

i'm in doubt if i should do some roof beams like a point shape .. i tried holding some beams up but i think it takes away a lot of the vieuw ... if i did i could hang stuff from the rafters .. could be cool .. dont know yet

Edited by crazyrichard

thnx :)

thnx !! and well its really a case of just starting to weather stuff and try and its even so that if you screw up you put a nother layer on and a nother ... , my earlyer attemps where way less , its just as all the rest you have to start at some point and improve .. every new weahered build i think has something new and better then the last one ..and i love clean builds but the whole weathering thing is just so much fun to do .. its even not that i like weathered more then glos irl .. if i had to choose between a real weathered car or a perfect example , i would choose the perfect one .. but to build > man its fun to do ..

and best advice > when you start to weather the first few layers , coats and what not you put on , dont look great its a case of building up the layers and keep adding effects andd just trying stuff after a while it starts to get better every thing you add ..lately when i'm all done i just brush some light brown almost yellow powder oer stuff that really make it more matt and give it like a filter and makes it look dusty and older

thnx ! i have a nother tractor tyre but that will be saved for a nother dio in the future , got these of a simple toy tractor i actually found .. and they are hollow inside and actually look great :)  as for the rest i dont know either will be what comes to me by itself (idea) it def. needs way more ..

i'm in doubt if i should do some roof beams like a point shape .. i tried holding some beams up but i think it takes away a lot of the vieuw ... if i did i could hang stuff from the rafters .. could be cool .. dont know yet

You could have weathered rake and axe ect. Looking forward to what you have next...