Model Cars Magazine Forum

’98 Corvette

Scale-Master

Thanks guys! 

It is a very comfortable car with enough performance to satisfy most people, especially as a basic transportation vehicle, and it gets very decent mileage. 

Surprisingly they are not as expensive to own as many people are led to believe, especially if you can turn your own wrenches.  Now tires are pricy compared to most other cars, part of why I keep the traction control on... 

Nice work

I followed the build thread and appreciate the effort and detail on this one

I always follow his builds because he points out any corrections he felt were necessary to make, and he usually summarizes how he went about it. He's also known for being very precise when it comes to replicating the shades and hues of everything on the car, which is very helpful if you're building, or planning to build, the same kit.  When you nail all the little details like he does, the result should be something special. 

As usual, a beautiful model. And I am officially jealous. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a Corvette. With prices now where they are, it ain't ever gonna happen. :(

Harry, you might be amazed at how affordable used Corvettes are and how well maintained many are.  I'll have a hard time getting near the 10 grand mark for mine even with the history on it and the fact that everything works and it is well under a 100K mileage car.

C4's in very nice shape are easy pickings at 5K all day long.   I know several people who have bought sound C4's for 3 grand, and a couple for even less.  17 MPG around town, 30+ on the highway, and you don't need premium, (although I use it).

Even C6's had a significant price drop in recent times. 

And thanks again all.  Very kind comments.