Model Cars Magazine Forum

Martini Porsche 935

935k3

This one is finally done. This is the 1/20 scale version. I had allot of trouble getting scratch made side windows to look good. I made the hoses to the turbo. I cut .010 brass and painted it for the trim around the turbo intake screen on the fender. The front screen was masked and airbrushed to acurately represent the real car, allot buids just make it black. Th Shunko decals did not fit the fenders well and were too short on the main stripes.  The wheels where airbrushed with Alclad Pale Gold and SPAZTIX Mirror Chrome. WIP is here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/113074-porsche-935-dashinterior-progress-522-update/#comment-1624209

Dscf8029.jpg

Dscf8033.jpg

Dscf8034.jpg

Dscf8036.jpg

Dscf8041.jpg

Dscf8046.jpg

Dscf8050.jpg

Dscf8055.jpg

Dscf8063.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Thanks to all for the compliments. Dann, I really like the Spaztix, I like it better than Alclad. I find it a little brighter and more durable. Because the wheels are not molded open they were painted gold first then the centers were painted over with Tamiya Acrylic X-18 SG Black. The X-18 was then removed from the top  of the spokes using ammonia and Q-Tips, This leaves the recesses between the spokes black. The centers were then masked and the rims painted with a base coat of TS14 Gloss Black then Spaztix over top. I have found this best way to paint these molded shut BBS style wheels.

Edited by 935k3

Thanks to all for the compliments. Dann, I really like the Spaztix, I like it better than Alclad. I find it a little brighter and more durable. Because the wheels are not molded open they were painted gold first then the centers were painted over with Tamiya Acrylic X-18 SG Black. The X-18 was then removed from the top  of the spokes using ammonia and Q-Tips, This leaves the recesses between the spokes black. The centers were then masked and the rims painted with a base coat of TS14 Gloss Black then Spaztix over top. I have found this best way to paint these molded shut BBS style wheels.

Very cool! -and I totally agree with you on the Spaz Stix!!  AND its not nearly as fussy to use.