Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom McMullen`s: AEE- Big Twin -On The Workbench 11-5-16

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I stripped the chrome off the engines and modified them to have right and left side motor ......I had to change the barrels on the left side engine.......I added fins to the barrels  , I modified the carbs using parts box throttle linkage and rubber tubing and made a manifold for the carbs......I added bolts to the heads and barrels......I made a distributor, a starter and carb cover...... I made some fittings for the oil tank.......I also made a power booster and modified the trans......All detail and plumbing will be added after the engines have been painted Chrome Alclad......thanks for looking

DSCF2795_zpsc2dyuoda.jpg

DSCF2785_zpsbjnuii4n.jpg

DSCF2806_zpslnqvyqof.jpg

DSCF2803_zpsvpqcv1vb.jpg

DSCF2788_zpskhdfwkax.jpg

DSCF2786_zpsocvutdpw.jpg

DSCF2801_zpsfn2irfcx.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Yes...John you are the "Master of Plastruct"!

what you do with that stuff is amazing, watching you work has made me a better model maker, thanx!

dang that still is a lot of rubber being turned by a single chain!!!

I bet the seat gets a little warm sitting on the exhaust pipes!!!

c'ya B)

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do apprecieate them:)......I got both engines finished......both painted Alclad.......I used "Pro Tech" rubber fuel line, detailing wire, spark plug wire, nut and bolt ends and throttle linkage parts........I modified the engines ......I made the starters, exhaust pipes,v-oil lines,push rods,distributors,manifolds, air cleaners ,......I added more engine head fins and modified the carbs.........thanks for looking

DSCF2793_zpsqcz5q9qe.jpg

DSCF2795_zpsc2dyuoda.jpg

DSCF2838_zpsdwzquapn.jpg

DSCF2836_zps5rtnj5yq.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Great project.I built one of these back in the old MPC contest series days in the 1960's in 1/25th scale.I based mine on an Dodge Challanger body with engines pirated from MPC mailbox chopper kits.Yours is WAY nicer than mine with tons of details I never even considered in those days.Thanks for sharing!

Edited by misterNNL
fat fingers !